Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great.... I bought my brand new 2nd gen cruze this March and I felt my steering wheel lately had a clunking, clicking noise. So took it to the dealer and got a call back they need to replace the rack and pinion. I think this is way too early to go bad at 15.000 miles ! Very disappointed.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I've got loss of heat from all sources heater related and funky acting daylights. 2 months and 1600 miles.

A couple have posted about loss of piston. 1 went at 7k miles, the other made it to 28k.

Crap happens. To us lucky few.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
First we've heard of steering rack replacement on a Gen 2.

It wasn't uncommon in the early years of Gen 1, as it would "stick" when driving in a straight line.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Steering rack stuff is an extremely common issue throughout a lot of gm cars/trucks honestly, so not surprised to hear of one going bad. It's good it went bad early to be replaced under B2B warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got my car back , clunk noise fixed after they replaced the rack and pinion but I rode to work and I noticed when I’m driving straight the steering wheel is off center like 5-10 degrees to the right. I will call them in the morning to fix it. I hope something easy to adjust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was redone but now its off center again to the left...its going back again for the third time and I will tell them don't call me till the steering dead center. its ridiculous.

Reactions: Cruzeguyx1

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
it was redone but now its off center again to the left...its going back again for the third time and I will tell them don't call me till the steering dead center. its ridiculous.
There's a steering angle sensor on electric power steering systems that needs to be reset when an alignment is done. The dealer tech/alignment tech SHOULD know this, but I've received mine back with the wheel crooked too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts