Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a good chance I'm getting a set of LT rims DIRT cheap so that's cool! Anybody know how much a shop would charge just to trade wheels between 2 cars?

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Depends on what kind of mounting machine is used and what kind of a balance you want to pay for.

The best, done with a Hunter no contact mounting machine, road force balanced on a GSP9700 will probably run $200.

The cheapest approach is probably a third of that.

EDIT: But your LS runs 16" rubber whereas LT is 17".

·
Registered
718 Posts
So there's a good chance I'm getting a set of LT rims DIRT cheap so that's cool! Anybody know how much a shop would charge just to trade wheels between 2 cars?
Only issue is you'd take up two lifts swapping wheels between cars. A reasonable shop would charge $40-50.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on what kind of mounting machine is used and what kind of a balance you want to pay for.

The best, done with a Hunter no contact mounting machine, road force balanced on a GSP9700 will probably run $200.

i thought they ran 16s till 2LT?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Last I saw:
LTZ has 18" alloys with rear disks
2LT has 17" alloys with rear disks
Diesel has 17" alloys with rear disks
ECO has 17" forged alloys with rear drums
1LT has 16" alloys with rear drums
LS has 16" steelies with rear drums

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last I saw:
LTZ has 18" alloys with rear disks
2LT has 17" alloys with rear disks
Diesel has 17" alloys with rear disks
ECO has 17" forged alloys with rear drums
1LT has 16" alloys with rear drums
LS has 16" steelies with rear drums
Yes that's what I thought as well

·
Registered
76 Posts

My 2013 LT has 16" tires.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
If you're literally swapping wheels between two Cruzes, just use your spare tire jack kit and do it yourselves.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Floor jacks are real handy for just such an occasion , a couple of jack stands , and some one to run around with a four way or pneumatic and your done . Piece of cake , or pie if you like pie ..

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I took my son's car to Walmart to swap some tires that he purchased from Craigslist. It was under $60 to do it and included the balance as well. They did a pretty good job, no marks on the wheels and no vibration issues from the balance. Tires were brand new, so that helps out a lot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Floor jacks are real handy for just such an occasion , a couple of jack stands , and some one to run around with a four way or pneumatic and your done . Piece of cake , or pie if you like pie ..
I love pie..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts