Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my cruze trifecta tuned with a ZZP intake and plugs gapped. After a week or two of having the car tuned, my check engine light came on. I went to Advanced Auto and they told me that my cruze is running too lean and said new spark plugs should fix it... Is this true or anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
What specific code(s) did Advanced Auto get when they read the CEL diagnostics from the ECM?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Lol, forget whatever the clerk told you at Advance. If he/she knew anything about cars, they wouldn't be working there.

Spark plugs have nothing to do with your air/fuel ratio, and if it really was a lean code spark plugs will do nothing at all.

Find out what the actual codes are, and then we can go from there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my spark plugs gapped at .035 and the car ran like ****, I did buy the plugs and gapped them back down to .028 and runs perfectly fine then. I think since it was tuned and the first set of plugs weren't getting a concentrated spark it ran terrible,every time I'd get on the gas, the car would feel like it's dying and lose all boost. I put the new plugs in and ran real smooth.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had my spark plugs gapped at .035 and the car ran like ****, I did buy the plugs and gapped them back down to .028 and runs perfectly fine then. I think since it was tuned and the first set of plugs weren't getting a concentrated spark it ran terrible,every time I'd get on the gas, the car would feel like it's dying and lose all boost. I put the new plugs in and ran real smooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When you open gap esp on turbos can have blow out where the added pressure from the turbo requires more power or better spark to ignite properly. I'm thinking unless the old ones were fouled or damaged some how I bet just gapping then back down would have made a diff but just my 2 cents

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you open gap esp on turbos can have blow out where the added pressure from the turbo requires more power or better spark to ignite properly. I'm thinking unless the old ones were fouled or damaged some how I bet just gapping then back down would have made a diff but just my 2 cents
They were burnt to **** and back, or I would have tried it. There was no saving those bad boys. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts