Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving from Birmingham to central GA and saw the signs, had to pull off and at least get a picture. :D

Got exactly 35 MPG (manual math - DIC said 36.9) from Central KY, through Nashville traffic to Birmingham on Thursday, running 80 MPH, jockeying in traffic, and sitting in stop-and-go on Shell 89 + Seafoam, then filled up with Chevron premium for the trip from Birmingham, through Columbus, to near Douglas which was mostly gentler, consistent 65-70 in flatter country which is yielding an indicated 40.0 right now. Almost 83K and still purrs like it always has, no oil usage and still on the original brakes and clutch. Struts are getting pretty harsh and the brakes need done, but I'm still glad I bought a Cruze.

Merry Christmas, all!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was driving from Birmingham to central GA and saw the signs, had to pull off and at least get a picture. :D

Got exactly 35 MPG (manual math - DIC said 36.9) from Central KY, through Nashville traffic to Birmingham on Thursday, running 80 MPH, jockeying in traffic, and sitting in stop-and-go on Shell 89 + Seafoam, then filled up with Chevron premium for the trip from Birmingham, through Columbus, to near Douglas which was mostly gentler, consistent 65-70 in flatter country which is yielding an indicated 40.0 right now. Almost 83K and still purrs like it always has, no oil usage and still on the original brakes and clutch. Struts are getting pretty harsh and the brakes need done, but I'm still glad I bought a Cruze.

Merry Christmas, all!
Merry Christmas bro, and Happy New Year!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
2,254 Posts
Neat picture! Merry Christmas!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Well, we're on the trip home today and burned the rest of that tank of Chevron premium - 558 miles at 39.03 MPG actual. About 60% was 60-65 flat 2-lane driving, and about the last 1/4 tank was 70-85 up to and through Atlanta though the DIC average still climbed from 39.7 to 40.3 by the time I refilled. I sought out Sunoco and will finish the trip with a tank of Ultra 93. B-)

Reactions: DonKernz

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 294 mi. with the Sunoco, through Atlanta, Chattanooga, and up to South central KY, I achieved 42.9 actual MPG. Granted the speed avg. on that tank was around 57 MPH, but I think warm air (mid 60's the whole way), getting the car used to premium, and hardly using cruise control paid off because that's the best I've ever known it to get over an extended distance.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought so! I wasn't "hypermiling" but was making an effort to drive consistent and not idle excessively. Some of those hills in Tennessee are a challenge, up and down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts