Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a hoot! When you have some time read what these poor souls have to say about their Chevy CRUZE!:sad010:
Top 167 Complaints and Reviews about Chevy Cruze

For example Darlene writes in...
Darlene of Mt Airy, NC on Jan. 8, 2016
Satisfaction Rating

Worse car ever, this 2013 Chevy Cruze LT. Car won't start or starts seldom. Car hesitates or skips also makes a horrible ticking noise, not even had it 3 months and had it exactly a week and rest it's been a Chevy dealership or garage. Not even with under 50,000 miles on it. It shouldn't not be running like this. Worse car ever. Engine light usually on.

Helpful?YesNo

·
10,697 Posts
What a hoot! When you have some time read what these poor souls have to say about their Chevy CRUZE!:sad010:
Top 167 Complaints and Reviews about Chevy Cruze

For example Darlene writes in...
Darlene of Mt Airy, NC on Jan. 8, 2016
Satisfaction Rating

Worse car ever, this 2013 Chevy Cruze LT. Car won't start or starts seldom. Car hesitates or skips also makes a horrible ticking noise, not even had it 3 months and had it exactly a week and rest it's been a Chevy dealership or garage. Not even with under 50,000 miles on it. It shouldn't not be running like this. Worse car ever. Engine light usually on.

Helpful?YesNo
I should totally make one but I'm too lazy to remember what all has been replaced.

Here's the one that stood out granted it was the very 1st one for me to come up.

I actually had my brake booster pump fail and the 1st coil pack fail same time 18K miles on the turnpike and didn't hit anything. I wonder what actually happen to them. I know autos had a situation under certain conditions there were no brakes when they 1st start the car and try to stop at the end of the driveway. That has to be the recall they are saying didn't take place.

Leonard of Boca Raton, FL on Jan. 13, 2016
Satisfaction Rating

For the first 2 years that I owned my 2012 Cruze that I bought new, I had no problems and really enjoyed the car for what it is. Then right about the 3-year mark the nightmares began and it started with the recall for oil lead and brake failure at slow speed. My dealer at that time Bachrodt Chevrolet in Pompano, FL confidently assures me that everything was fixed under recall.
However, soon after the alleged brake fix, we hit a wall and damaged the front end when the brakes failed again at low speed. Bachrodt to me they could find nothing wrong, and I was imagining it. I was about to take further action including legal, when I started to experience excessive oil leakage. Back to Bachrodt who after about 2 visits for it, said they could not see anything so there is no problem.
At this point I complained to General Motors directly, and they sent me to another dealer. This dealer found that yes, the brake sensor of some type failed, and I am awaiting word whether they will repair the damage caused by the brakes failing. As for the continuing oil leak, this dealer said at first they pulled the spark plug and saw no evidence of damage, and that I would have to bring it in each time the oil was low, which I assume was because they did not believe me. I told them I have all the oil receipts and do not buy motor oil to put on my salad. They came back and said, lo and behold, there is a major leak and that oil is all over the engine.
To make a long story short, it appears that one of two things is true about Bachrodt Chevrolet, 1) they were simply incompetent or 2) they ALLEGEDLY committed fraud and did not really fix anything and simply billed GM for the repairs that ALLEGEDLY were never made. I have no proof of this ALLEGED fraud, but to me I cannot see 2 repairs made and then immediately failing. So, we shall see if the directly involvement of GM solves the problems once and for all - and if they will pay for damage caused by the brake failure at low speed

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
I really had to be cool when this service writer looked at the dents that the techs put in the Cruzen when those Goofie arses had to repair the cruzen in sub zero weather because the coil pack fried on of all days New Years eve ....then he tells me We have never heard of a coil pack going bad before .. I sighed and stated you don't read or get out enough ...WTF..IT's under warranty ...

They took care of IT ...WTF GM sold 6 million of these econoboxes with in 3 years ..So Ahh we are certainly going to hear about all the dreaded horror stories ....

Glad I unloaded ​ IT ...............

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Everything in there is just complaints. So they give it like half a star rating. Well if all the other owners aren't on there complaining than how can you give it such a low score? Doesn't matter, mine has been flawless.

·
10,697 Posts
I really had to be cool when this service writer looked at the dents that the techs put in the Cruzen when those Goofie arses had to repair the cruzen in sub zero weather because the coil pack fried on of all days New Years eve ....then he tells me We have never heard of a coil pack going bad before .. I sighed and stated you don't read or get out enough ...WTF..IT's under warranty ...

They took care of IT ...WTF GM sold 6 million of these econoboxes with in 3 years ..So Ahh we are certainly going to hear about all the dreaded horror stories ....

Glad I unloaded ​ IT ...............
LOL thats complete lie, I'm on my 3rd coil pack now and hopefully my last.

I take it the stang is uneventful in this department? Can't say I owned a non troublesome vehicle granted most were 1st year production or the year after.

Everything in there is just complaints. So they give it like half a star rating. Well if all the other owners aren't on there complaining than how can you give it such a low score? Doesn't matter, mine has been flawless.

I may just break down and make one just for S&G's but I have to go and find all my paperwork.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, was not such thing as a 12V coil, used the old 6V coil with a ballast resistor in series with it, but even had dimwits back then that would replace the coil when the ballast resistor was the culprit, or even the ignition switch.

Just have parts replacers, don't even know how to troubleshoot, and get a lot worse, because that ride from the microcontroller is a lot longer before its reaching the coils. Mine on day two had the springs hanging up in the boots causing misfires, simple problem, just stretched them out a bit. Can also be an erratic crimp in many of the terminals making connectivity to the coil pack. Replacing the coil pack does not cure these problems, even as far back as the ECU or cold solder joints in that.

Just making these things way to complicated for the "experts" trying to deal with can be other very simple basic problems. This is the problem, just way too complicated for them.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ain't nothing wrong with your brake pedal going clear to the floor, we ain't getting any codes. Can believe the BS I hear.

·
Administrator
25,267 Posts
I liked the one blaming GM for the fact that they were tailgating and the car in front of them stopped suddenly causing them to hit that car and flip their Cruze. What an idiot.

·
2,253 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. You can't take any review on the Internet with a grain of salt anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We really like our Cruze, ha, as long as it keeps on running perfectly. But have to admit, not a very easy vehicle to learn.

And I can really tell you the people that don't know it at all the the guys that wrote the shop manual. Second to this, with dealers, constantly calling tech support and getting the weirdest suggestions I ever heard of.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

News is the same way, only hear about all the bad stuff, enough to make anyone paranoid.

When reading very negative comments about any product that was reviewed on the net. Who wrote these? The actual consumer or the competition?

Sure can't say buy a Toyota anymore, when they build and sell vehicles in the USA, have to follow the same government dictations that any domestic manufacturer has to follow. And yes, Toyota does buy parts from China, their cost of living is so high today, wouldn't even be able to compete if used home labor.

Used to have thousands of so-called cottage workers, mom could stay at home, watch the kid and assemble. All history today, cheaper to let the Chinese do this for them.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
LOL thats complete lie, I'm on my 3rd coil pack now and hopefully my last.

I take it the stang is uneventful in this department? Can't say I owned a non troublesome vehicle granted most were 1st year production or the year after. ....

I may just break down and make one just for S&G's but I have to go and find all my paperwork.
Agreed . This is a new Model Mustang with IRS ..and sure there was a Recall for production year 2014 which mine was built ..Underneeth fire risks ..which Ford promptly Authorized parts and installation of insulators to be installed ..took a whole day for the istall..

With 110,000 plus Mustangs completed for delivery last year there is in fact horror stories ....here is one that is fatal to the 2.3 GDI turboed engines .........LSPI or Stoatic Pre Ignition .....this occurrence has been studied for the last 70 years ..the engines POP ...piston and connecting rods fatigue and blow a hole in the engine casting ....

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, worse car ever, guess these people are not familiar with the Chevette, Corvair, 81 Caddy diesel, nor the Yugo, Delorean, or any pre-1984 Japanese vehicle. They didn't know Americans didn't put blankets on their engines to keep them warm overngiht. Ford and Chrysler sure had their share of crap and talking about extremely expensive items to replace, like engines and transmissions.

Nash, Hudson, Studebaker, Kaiser, Crosely went broke. British vehicles sure became crap in around the 70's, think the Beatles cause this problem.

Most of the Cruze problems are minor compared to other vehicles, and the largest problems are with dealers, two in my town were great until they spent a fortune in remodeling, but both said they were forced to do this. So this is the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I should totally make one but I'm too lazy to remember what all has been replaced.

Here's the one that stood out granted it was the very 1st one for me to come up.

I actually had my brake booster pump fail and the 1st coil pack fail same time 18K miles on the turnpike and didn't hit anything. I wonder what actually happen to them. I know autos had a situation under certain conditions there were no brakes when they 1st start the car and try to stop at the end of the driveway. That has to be the recall they are saying didn't take place.

Leonard of Boca Raton, FL on Jan. 13, 2016
Satisfaction Rating

For the first 2 years that I owned my 2012 Cruze that I bought new, I had no problems and really enjoyed the car for what it is. Then right about the 3-year mark the nightmares began and it started with the recall for oil lead and brake failure at slow speed. My dealer at that time Bachrodt Chevrolet in Pompano, FL confidently assures me that everything was fixed under recall.
However, soon after the alleged brake fix, we hit a wall and damaged the front end when the brakes failed again at low speed. Bachrodt to me they could find nothing wrong, and I was imagining it. I was about to take further action including legal, when I started to experience excessive oil leakage. Back to Bachrodt who after about 2 visits for it, said they could not see anything so there is no problem.
At this point I complained to General Motors directly, and they sent me to another dealer. This dealer found that yes, the brake sensor of some type failed, and I am awaiting word whether they will repair the damage caused by the brakes failing. As for the continuing oil leak, this dealer said at first they pulled the spark plug and saw no evidence of damage, and that I would have to bring it in each time the oil was low, which I assume was because they did not believe me. I told them I have all the oil receipts and do not buy motor oil to put on my salad. They came back and said, lo and behold, there is a major leak and that oil is all over the engine.
To make a long story short, it appears that one of two things is true about Bachrodt Chevrolet, 1) they were simply incompetent or 2) they ALLEGEDLY committed fraud and did not really fix anything and simply billed GM for the repairs that ALLEGEDLY were never made. I have no proof of this ALLEGED fraud, but to me I cannot see 2 repairs made and then immediately failing. So, we shall see if the directly involvement of GM solves the problems once and for all - and if they will pay for damage caused by the brake failure at low speed
I have a huge stack of invoices from the dealership that my son saved. Also at the 3-year mark, he started having all kinds of problems with his cruze. His is a 2011. I sent copies of everything to Gm hoping to hear back from them. No response. I come from a long line of Gm employed family members. From past experience, I did receive a call when I had a problem with another vehicle. But nothing from Gm for the Cruze. I will not recommend a Cruze ever to anyone. I have owned GM vehicles ever since I first learned to drive and my family has had nothing but Gm vehicles. The Cruze is really the first one that I have experienced having problems after problems after problems.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don’t know what to say either. Not all stories are made up. I did have a few problems with ‘12 Eco Mt. But not anything serious that I couldn’t deal with myself. It does seem like most of the problems have involved incompetent dealerships or incompetent drivers. My ‘17 now has been completely trouble free.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts