Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the torque app tried it out and it says im only putting out 12psi at the very highest. usually stays around 10-11psi. From what ive seen you guys say that should be around 14 to 16psi i believe Not sure if i set up the app wrong or if its just not a very accurate way to read the boost. any ideas? thanks.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,598 Posts
Wait til it warms up...I bet you'll see more boost.

The car basically tries to hit a torque (148 ft-lbs) target, not a boost target. If it can make the target torque by advancing timing instead, it will do so. More dense (colder) air will make more power with less boost as well.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Wait til it warms up...I bet you'll see more boost.

The car basically tries to hit a torque (148 ft-lbs) target, not a boost target. If it can make the target torque by advancing timing instead, it will do so. More dense (colder) air will make more power with less boost as well.
Speaking about altitude in another post, what is your altitude? Manifold pressure also reduces about 1.1"/Hg for each thousand feet about sea level, as does boost pressure.

So you have both temperature and barometric pressure to consider. Good old fashion manifold pressure gauge still is the most accurate. Not playing around with all that electronics. And not exactly military specifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts