Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Premiere RS Sedan...
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Suppose you've heard the news about the production halt of the Cruze already. Supposedly the front struts make a noise at 10-15mph that sounds like popcorn being popped. It's just not the Cruze but also the Buick, Volt, Sonic, Malibu and a few others. Doesn't show up until after the car has been driven 5-10 miles. Engineers are working on it as is the supplier. Not sure but it is the same company that makes Monroe shocks and struts."

Above was from a good friend in the plant. Was unsure where to post the above information from the Lordstown Plant.... It fits in Suspension and Service. I was not allowed to post in Cruze News section...

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and production will resume. Those that recently purchased will surely encounter this minor issue.

·
Registered
679 Posts
"Suppose you've heard the news about the production halt of the Cruze already. Supposedly the front struts make a noise at 10-15mph that sounds like popcorn being popped. It's just not the Cruze but also the Buick, Volt, Sonic, Malibu and a few others. Doesn't show up until after the car has been driven 5-10 miles. Engineers are working on it as is the supplier. Not sure but it is the same company that makes Monroe shocks and struts."
From MONROE SHOCKS & STRUTS :: Original Equipment, it's probably Tenneco.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Hmm, so that's that noise. Thanks for sharing!

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Any indication of how far back the problem may go? At what mileage it shows up? I'm at 6K miles and have never experienced anything like this...

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I wonder if they'll offer a fix to the people who have already bought cars or just change the parts for the cars still in production.
I just had mine in for that and they basically did nothing, but I'll wait for the recall/TSB

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Premiere RS Sedan...
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Officially as of 4:00 p.m. 12/17/11

Production of the Chevrolet Cruze is scheduled to resume at the General Motors Lordstown Complex beginning with THIRD shift Monday, December 19, 2011. Third shift employees of both East and West plants are to report for their regularly scheduled start times Sunday night, December 18, 2011.

FIRST and SECOND shift employees of both plants are to report for their regularly scheduled start times Monday, December 19, 2011.

Production of the Chevrolet Cruze has been suspended since Monday, December 12th due to a supplier part issue which has been resolved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts