Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I'm ok, Cruze is totaled. I went from 35MPH to 0 in literally about 1-2 feet. I hit a cement wall-like sign to a neighborhood entrance. I know someone's going to ask, so NO, I was NOT under the influence of anything.

Anyhow, the reason I'm posting is that I didn't even realize I had 'knee' air bags. They went off, and actually slightly cut my left knee, but I think my knee would have been broken if it weren't for that airbag down there. Even the cops thought it was cool ... one of them had never seen a deployed knee airbag.

I'm sorry I don't have pics to post, but you'd be shocked if you saw the pictures and realized I basically had no injuries. For that very reason, I went out the very next day (yesterday) and bought a 2013 Cruze 2LT with RS package. I figure I've fully tested the crash capabilities of the Cruze, and I'm very pleased (as I can be under the circumstance) with how it performed!

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I love hearing story's like this, makes one feel pretty good with all the idiots on the road today. Wonder if the insurance company's saving money on hospital bills with people driving cruzes? Even though the crumpled heaps usually are totaled still has to cost less compared to repairing a car or totaling a car + hospital bills.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Yet another testimonial on how well the Cruze protects the passengers. How did you manage to miss the street, if I may ask and you're willing to tell? I'm glad you're OK.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm excited to get my Cruze, since it will give me the peace in mind knowing that my girlfriend and kids and I will be safe in the event of a collision! Ever since I rolled my 2008 Camry, I realized that I had always taken safety for granted and I was happy the Camry protected me so well! So I know the Cruze will be a great car for me and the family with 10 airbags, enhanced safety package and the onstar!

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Reactions: ErikBEggs

·
Registered
359 Posts
Glad you are ok. cars can be replaced people can not. however this makes me glad to know that the cruze is safe and has knee airbags that i didn't know we had and working on an ambulance i have never seen them deployed either.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey lopperman

I am so glad to read that you are OK! Congrats on purchasing another Cruze! This was an unfortunate incident but it looks like it had a great outcome.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
Very happy your ok and thanks for your review on the safety and sorry you had to experience it...

Pics of new car atleast :)

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Glad you came out ok and good to hear another good story on the safety of this car.

Pics of new car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the pic of the new Cruze. They took this one at the dealer. They let me transfer my license plate ... you can kind of see from the front plate that I hit a cement sign!

It's a 2013 2LT with RS package, and with MyLink/Backup cam. I miss the pioneer premium sound system I had in my last Cruze, but I'm happy to have a new car, and to have survived the accident.

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yet another testimonial on how well the Cruze protects the passengers. How did you manage to miss the street, if I may ask and you're willing to tell? I'm glad you're OK.
I'm quite embarrassed about the whole thing, but I was coming out of a roundabout, and I was changing the XM station and I just lost control. Honestly my eyes weren't off the road for more than 1 second, but that's all it took.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the pic of the new Cruze. They took this one at the dealer. They let me transfer my license plate ... you can kind of see from the front plate that I hit a cement sign!

It's a 2013 2LT with RS package, and with MyLink/Backup cam. I miss the pioneer premium sound system I had in my last Cruze, but I'm happy to have a new car, and to have survived the accident.

View attachment 15555
And in case anyone is wondering, I'm the IT Director for a 'swine' genetics company. Thus, the witty plates.:th_coolio:

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
My eyes merged over to the Vette lol.

NICE looking Cruze man, RS Package is so nice in these cars. IT Director huh? You will fit right in to us nerds.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is that Jim Trenary in O'Fallon?!? The reason I ask, is because I live in Chesterfield and I pass them all the time going to work! I do not like the salesman there though. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is that Jim Trenary in O'Fallon?!? The reason I ask, is because I live in Chesterfield and I pass them all the time going to work! I do not like the salesman there though. Lol
It IS Jim Trenary in O'Fallon. I live in Dardenne Prairie. Small world. Had a really good experience with the salesman.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have some family and a few friends from Dardenne! I have been there several times looking for a Cruze, once I was out on the lot for at least 15-20 minutes looking through the Cruze inventory and no one came to help, do they not like the heat?!? lol and which round about did you wreck at? lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have some family and a few friends from Dardenne! I have been there several times looking for a Cruze, once I was out on the lot for at least 15-20 minutes looking through the Cruze inventory and no one came to help, do they not like the heat?!? lol and which round about did you wreck at? lol
winghaven.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If that is actually U standing besides you're new Cruze.. WOW.. Not a scratch... Impressive performance from a small car in a crash like that..

I'd still like to see the pics of the crashed one.. (if you have any)..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts