Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
That "loss of use" charge has been challenged in court (I don't know which car rental company) but the car rental company lost the court case. The court ruled that loss of use during vehicle repair is part of their doing business.

·
10,697 Posts
That "loss of use" charge has been challenged in court (I don't know which car rental company) but the car rental company lost the court case. The court ruled that loss of use during vehicle repair is part of their doing business.
As it should.

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I can get home as late as 10 PM with an empty battery and have enough charge by 6 AM to get to work where I have access to a Level 2 charger. My issue is I occasionally get home and then go out again and the L1 charger doesn't get me enough power to get home again on battery. A Level 2 charger would resolve this for me. So between this occurrence and my realization I really need to keep my EVSE in the car for use around Denver I figured if I'm spending the money for a second EVSE I might as well spend a little more and install a Level 2 at home.
Solved this problem. Yesterday I drove 67.3 miles on battery (single charge) and got home with 2 miles of EV range left. I had about 20 minutes before I had to leave for scouts. I took the Clarity as it's battery was full. :)

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Having the optional 7.2Kkh charging ability of the 2019 Volt would really be a handy combo with an L2 charger. Twice as fast as the previous L2 charging capability, which was only 3.6kWh. L1, for comparison, is only 1.44 kWh.

Still, normally, I can get home with about half my range left, and if I need to go somewhere for dinner, movie, etc, I usually will plug in right when I get home and set it to temporarily immediately charge, then I don't have to worry about accidentally getting home too late with less charge than usual and not getting a full charge for the next day - not that I really need it.

I did have an odd instance a couple weeks ago where the car did not charge overnight. I can't imagine I didn't plug it in all the way, since I'm so used to doing that and feeling the click of full insertion, but who knows. I opened the door like usual in the morning to put my lunchbox and coffee in before I unplug, and saw it was still at the half charge from the day before, but for whatever reason, didn't look at the charge indicator through the windshield when I unplugged. Ended up running out of charge about 7 miles into the 17 mile drive home, but I only used 0.2 gallons for the remaining 10 miles, so honestly, it wasn't terrible. That was only the second time the engine has started due to depleted charge since me owning the car.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts