Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have scoured ebay looking at the aftermarket fog lights, and I am a little confused.

One ebay auction, shows these as 2015 compatible:

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Bumper Automotive exterior

But yet, another auction, shows this style as 2015 compatible:

Cameras & optics Point-and-shoot camera Camera accessory Camera Automotive fog light

FYI, I do have the LED DRL lights on the front, just above where the fogs would mount.

I suspect I would need the second image.

TIA for any input on this.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The first one looks like for a US 2011-2014. I don't think they'll work on a US 2015. (But it might work on some 2015 models elsewhere.) I can't speak to the second image.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I have scoured ebay looking at the aftermarket fog lights, and I am a little confused.

One ebay auction, shows these as 2015 compatible:

View attachment 224634

But yet, another auction, shows this style as 2015 compatible:

View attachment 224642

FYI, I do have the LED DRL lights on the front, just above where the fogs would mount.

I suspect I would need the second image.

TIA for any input on this.
First picture is for 2014 and below cruzes ONLY. Second image IS what your 15-16 years needs, but only RS models can accommodate fog lights. They will not fit your bumper properly if you do not have RS (and if you did, it would already have fog lights).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First picture is for 2014 and below cruzes ONLY. Second image IS what your 15-16 years needs, but only RS models can accommodate fog lights. They will not fit your bumper properly if you do not have RS (and if you did, it would already have fog lights).
Thanks for the input. I never realized that the LT did not have fogs, only the LTZ/RS packages. Next step is to figure out how to mount an LED lightbar to the front instead and tie it into the fog light switch.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Are you sure about that? If you're right, then wouldn't all LTZ have to be RS as well?
I am sure, but LTZ has nothing to do with it. You can buy an LT or LTZ with no RS and they won't ever come with fogs. If you put RS package on, bam you get fogs. And this rule of thumb is true only for 15-16 Cruzes. Older years did have ability to have fogs w/o RS package.

Here is an LTZ cruze. No foglights because no RS package.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan

Here is an LTZ cruze with foglights, because it has RS package.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze

1 - 6 of 6 Posts