Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having issues with my phone pairing to the car. Sometimes it will connect and sometimes it won't most of the time it won't when they used to always work perfect.
The other day someone called and it came up on the screen but didn't connect, it said connected but stayed at 00.00 seconds. The screen froze I couldn't use the radio or anything turn my car off opened and closed my door so everything would shut off and when I restarted the car the screen was still Frozen in the same spot. I thought it was done for but somehow I got it to work by pressing a bunch of buttons for a couple minutes.
I went to Bluetooth on the screen car and try two delete my phone out of it so I could re pair them it won't let me delete it out of the list. Has this happened to anyone what is going on

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
New technology, practically all vehicles are this way now, no real current carrying switches, push buttons that fire a super high input impedance computer.

They need at least 8.5 volts or operation and a sharp pulse for what is called a power on reset to set the program counter to zero so it starts reading code from the beginning. If it jumps to the middle of the page, it doesn't know the beginning of the story.

Same computer that does the work also diagnoses itself so this doesn't know what it is doing.

Power switching for low current applications uses what is called a power MOSFET transistor, if not properly biased, they can turn themselves on discharging your battery, old engineers know this stuff, kids don't. For high current applications a point contact relay is used, they are not self cleaning like a sliding contact relay, but much cheaper. One spec of debris with a point contact relay, do not make good contact, get a resulting voltage drop, computers go crazy.

Other problems are not using water proof connectors. Another is the severe environment automobiles have to live in. SAE spec on this is -40 to 125*C.

First rule in electrical, never use dissimilar metals for good electrical contact, this rule is broken about a zillion times.

Just some reasons why we are having problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts