Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2015 LTZ RS with only 47k started experiencing electrical issues. First my back-up and side sensors stopped working. The warning lights in the side view mirrors blink at random and they even stay on when the car is turn off at times.
Then my touch screen started freezing and now it doesn't work at all. No radio no touch screen and warning messages like "service park assist" "service side assist" which I'm pretty sure it's all tied into the touch screen not functioning. So i checked the fuses. Sure enough the fuse is fried. I changed it out, the new fuse immediately blew.
Thing is....it calls for a 7.5 fuse, but I pulled out a 10 fuse.
Could this be the reason it's all shorted out because the previous owner put a fuse that was too large?
I fear my wires are maybe fried.

Can anyone please give me suggestions?

Don't want to take it to Chevy if I don't have to.

I knew I shouldn't have bought the LTZ. Just more bells and whistles to malfunction

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Disconnect your side detection modules, they're shorting, back-feeding the harness and blowing that fuse. Once you've confirmed that solves it, tie up the harness up and away, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
829 Posts
MP81 is right the first thing you need to do is unplug your blind zone modules in the rear bumper.

Then you need to replace that fuse with the proper 7.5A item. And see if everything works inside the car.

MP is incorrect about the mechanism blowing the fuse though. There nothing "backfeeding" through the harness and blowing the fuse. The modules go bad internally due to water intrusion. This internal failure causes the modules to use more power than they are designed to through newly created lower resistance paths to ground. Excessive power draw opens the fuse.

·
Super Moderator
6,839 Posts
MP is incorrect about the mechanism blowing the fuse though. There nothing "backfeeding" through the harness and blowing the fuse. The modules go bad internally due to water intrusion. This internal failure causes the modules to use more power than they are designed to through newly created lower resistance paths to ground. Excessive power draw opens the fuse.
:S-A-Smack:
Disconnect your side detection modules, they're shorting, back-feeding the harness and blowing that fuse. Once you've confirmed that solves it, tie up the harness up and away, and you'll be good to go.
:dizzy:

Can anyone please give me suggestions?

I knew I shouldn't have bought the LTZ. Just more bells and whistles to malfunction
:th_dblthumb2:

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
I'm not sure about 2015, but I don't think all LTZs came with that feature. Certainly, my 2013 didn't.

But I agree with the advice - disconnect the sensors. They're a known issue and when they got bad, they cause a number of odd things.

I'm not sure what fuse they're on, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility it's that fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts