Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is a known issue or isolated to my 2013 1LT. The cruise control switch is very touchy, like there is a mechanical bounce issue with the switch contacts and they did not software de-bounce the switch signal. When a mechanical switch is made, if you put it on an oscilloscope you'll notice that voltage is very noisy during the 'switch state' transition.

It will act both unresponsive or too responsive where it double or triple clicks so it increments the target speed a few mile per hour for every toggle of the switch. Even resuming speed will add 1 mph every time (so it seems like it reads the resume then it reads it as incrementing 1 mph).

If I hit it just right, not too fast and not too slow it will respond as expected, just a bit clunky cause you're very "intentional" about using the cruise control toggle switch.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I suspect your switch is bad. My 2012 works perfectly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My cruse control switch was like that and then it stopped working completely. I had it replaced under warranty (at ~32K mi). The original switch never worked right since it was new - it never clicked into the on position - I had to push on it really hard to get it to stay on.

I thought I was the only one who had this problem.

Reactions: Steelmesh

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
Sounds more like a problem experienced with a push button CC switch like on my 2005 Classic. With my 2012 toggle switch I don't have any problems like Ober unless I happen to bump it to turn it off. Does it just not stay toggled on? If so I would replace.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds more like a problem experienced with a push button CC switch like on my 2005 Classic. With my 2012 toggle switch I don't have any problems like Ober unless I happen to bump it to turn it off. Does it just not stay toggled on? If so I would replace.
It does work, just annoying attempting to adjust the target speed. I use CC all the time so it is noticeable, like if I want to go from 60 mph to 65 mph, it is far more efficient to accelerate to 65 then re-set the CC to target this new speed, because it will take several button presses to increment the target to 65 for example 61-61-62-61-62-62-63-64-67-66-66-65

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
It does work, just annoying attempting to adjust the target speed. I use CC all the time so it is noticeable, like if I want to go from 60 mph to 65 mph, it is far more efficient to accelerate to 65 then re-set the CC to target this new speed, because it will take several button presses to increment the target to 65 for example 61-61-62-61-62-62-63-64-67-66-66-65
OK Never Mind on my prev. response I missed the problem I thought you couldn't keep the cruise on but that is how it works on at least my car. You can hold the button up and it should increment on its own w/o hit and release. If it does not, it sounds like a switch problem. If you hit quickly and not holding the button it will do 1 MPH increments try holding the button up and or down which ever way you are trying to go. That should increment on its own. Did you try that yet?

·
10,713 Posts
Yeah at that price, just upgrade to a Camaro wheel. My issues was the source wheel and CC on/off switch that were hairy. When I went to the new wheel all the issues were gone and felt lively as they did brand new.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK Never Mind on my prev. response I missed the problem I thought you couldn't keep the cruise on but that is how it works on at least my car. You can hold the button up and it should increment on its own w/o hit and release. If it does not, it sounds like a switch problem. If you hit quickly and not holding the button it will do 1 MPH increments try holding the button up and or down which ever way you are trying to go. That should increment on its own. Did you try that yet?
Holding the toggle switch up or down to change target speed is flaky as well, sometimes it just sits there and does nothing, when you let go it will go 1 mph in the opposite direction, you can imagine how annoying that glitch is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah at that price, just upgrade to a Camaro wheel. My issues was the source wheel and CC on/off switch that were hairy. When I went to the new wheel all the issues were gone and felt lively as they did brand new.
Thanks for the tip, I will research this option. I have radio control too, but I assume a 2013 Camaro wheel will be plug and play? Otherwise soldering doesn't scare me :dazed052:

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'll switch mine On and half the time it won't 'set'. I can't replicate the problem. It's frustrating.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can just replace the switch you don't have to replace the whole steering wheel. The airbag/horn comes off and then you can replace the piece. Go to a parts site and look it up on the diagram the parts on the steering wheel can be ordered separately.

·
10,713 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I will research this option. I have radio control too, but I assume a 2013 Camaro wheel will be plug and play? Otherwise soldering doesn't scare me :dazed052:
yes Camaro plug and play where the Sonic RS wheel isn't and requires you to use the old switches that "are the reason this tread ultimately exists".

You can just replace the switch you don't have to replace the whole steering wheel. The airbag/horn comes off and then you can replace the piece. Go to a parts site and look it up on the diagram the parts on the steering wheel can be ordered separately.
I suggested whole wheel because new wheel feels great like you got a new car again. In my 13, both sets of switches had issues so buying both switches was almost in that price range. I got my new wheel slightly used in a part out for $65 coming way under the new online price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts