Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Tow Hook Thread

30585 Views 18 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  PolarisX
Hi! Does anybody know what thread the tow hook is? Looking for a tow hook plate mount but unsure of what ours is!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
Hi! Does anybody know what thread the tow hook is? Looking for a tow hook plate mount but unsure of what ours is!
What country was your Cruze built in? If the US, it does not have the opening cut into it. I am not sure if the mounting spot is there either. Maybe someone can upload a picture of the area if they had the fascia off. I tried to find a video, there are plenty of them, but none for a Cruze.

EDIT - Sorry didn't realize this was in Gen II.

· Premium Member
1,207 Posts
All the US market gen2 cars have a front tow eye mount to the right of the grille behind a snap fit door in the bumper cover. It's a threaded hole in the impact bar of the front bumper.
And there's a threaded eye in the toolkit in the trunk to fit it.

If the OP wants, I can try to measure the threads on my tow eye tonight.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the US market gen2 cars have a front tow eye mount to the right of the grille behind a snap fit door in the bumper cover. It's a threaded hole in the impact bar of the front bumper.
And there's a threaded eye in the toolkit in the trunk to fit it.

If the OP wants, I can try to measure the threads on my tow eye tonight.
that'd be awesome if you could!

· Premium Member
1,207 Posts
My tow eyes are left hand thread, 3.0mm.
The diameter is not so simple, it's about 15.5mm, the threads are rounded and dull.
I'm guessing it's 16x3.00 thread with the points of the threads rounded down. Being left hand thread, you aren't going to walk into a hardware store and buy anything to screw into the hole.

What's odd is when I look it up in the EPC, they only show the tow hook for the hatchback, and my LT sedans have it in the tool trays. I assume it's the same part number as the hatchback but can't guarantee it. The trays are definitely different to fit the different trunk floors, but the jack and jack handle are the same part numbers on sedans and hatchbacks.

https://www.gmoutletparts.com/v-2017-chevrolet-cruze--lt--1-4l-l4-gas/body--jack-and-components

· Registered
258 Posts
no dont please no lol its a cruze not a honda

· Registered
258 Posts
no need to rice it out...mine as well add some ss badges and plastidip all your trim and emblems

· Registered
258 Posts
lol or the fake fender vents and HUGE cruze windshield banner or chevy one

Reactions: WillL84

· Registered
179 Posts
Exactly, I'm also interested in this. I live in a state where I have to have a front plate, and on the RS the only way to remove the front holder is to drill the plastic rivets out, so I need a solution. A tow hook plate would be perfect for this, and give the RS front a much cleaner look. I will be following closely.

I did see another solution that mounted the plate to the pop out from the bumper itself using some nuts and bolts, but I really don't want to do that, I'd like a proper mount. If someone thinks its "rice" that is their problem, not mine.

· Registered
258 Posts
license plate tow hook mount is different i have one on my camaro...i also have a tow hook in my trunk but thats only for track use...i just meant running a tow hook 24/7 is rice to me not nice especially on a cruze which 99% of owners will not be tracking their cruze

· Registered
258 Posts
oh sorry i missed the tow hook "license plate" part and haha yup just like that !

· Registered
179 Posts

· Registered
821 Posts
I kinda like that. More airflow to the radiator and intercooler I assume

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.