Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I had a flat yesterday and put the spare on ('13 LT 6a). As expected, the service tpms system message came on. I plugged the tire and put it back on. I read about the relearn procedure and learned that I needed the relearn tool to complete the job. So, this morning, I get in the car and start it. The tpms message came back on, as expected, I start driving and a minute later the tpms light turned off and it read pressure. This is completely contrary to what the owners manual states should happen. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
So, I had a flat yesterday and put the spare on ('13 LT 6a). As expected, the service tpms system message came on. I plugged the tire and put it back on. I read about the relearn procedure and leaned the I needed the relearn tool to complete the job. So, this morning, I get in the car and start it. The tpms message came back on, as expected, I start driving and a minute later the tpms light turned off and it read pressure. This is completely contrary to what the owners manual states should happen. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes,it is normal.

You only need to relearn if the tire positions change, (like a rotation)

Each sensor broadcasts a ID code and pressure.
The reciever has been taught that code # whatever is on the right front, Code# whatever is on the right rear and so on.
When you installed the spare the module was "calling out" to the transmitter ID that was in that position......it did not get a response and the message 'Service TPMS' is the result.

Once you re-installed the repaired tire in its original position, the next time the central transmitter called out the code #s it got a report from each ID# as well as a pressure report.......transmitter satisfied, the system is responding, everything goes back to normal.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts