Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

TPMS Re-Learn Tool usage upon tire rotation Alert !

20205 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Dale_K
Some dealers, including MINE, do NOT use the TPMS Re-Learn Tool to tell the DIC the location of the tires after tire rotation.

Note your air pressure PRIOR to rotation, better yet, ask them if they use the Re-Learn Tool to reset the TPMS tire locations.

I checked the price of this tool thinking about buying one,, WRONG !
They're over $1,500 !
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Some dealers, including MINE, do NOT use the TPMS Re-Learn Tool to tell the DIC the location of the tires after tire rotation.

Note your air pressure PRIOR to rotation, better yet, ask them if they use the Re-Learn Tool to reset the TPMS tire locations.

I checked the price of this tool thinking about buying one,, WRONG !
They're over $1,500 !
Seems it is not needed... not speaking from empirical knowledge, but thought I would share just the same.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-how-forum/6342-how-match-tpms-sensors-after-tire-rotation.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-how-forum/4943-re-matching-tpms-sensors-after-rotation.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/12-w...ed-go-dealer-buy-tpms-tool-tire-rotation.html

· Registered
63 Posts
Try a
K TOOL Part # 71990A ....They are about $180 and will reset the TPMS on almost any car. Got one for My parents for their Malibu and it works prefect.

· Registered
720 Posts
I tried the free method and somehow I got it messed up to the point I had a message on the DIC to service the tire pressure monitoring system. It worked on the first wheel but became confused on the second wheel. Starting over again didn't fix it. I had to go to the dealer and they used the special tool to reset the system and clear the message. My car is a 2011 LS if that makes a difference.

· Registered
341 Posts
I tried the free method and somehow I got it messed up to the point I had a message on the DIC to service the tire pressure monitoring system. It worked on the first wheel but became confused on the second wheel. Starting over again didn't fix it. I had to go to the dealer and they used the special tool to reset the system and clear the message. My car is a 2011 LS if that makes a difference.
Question: Do you own another TPMS vehicle(s)... I ask because I have read where other vehicles nearby will cause the manual re-learn method to do what you described happen to yours.

· FI Lunatic
1,378 Posts
How did we ever survive the last 90 years without TPMS???? FWIW, I don't think I've looked at my pressures on the DIC 3 times in the past year (although I still manually check tire pressure monthly).

Much the way we survived without cell/smart phones....life used to be simple!

· Registered
129 Posts
i had to do the deflate relearn via the DIC twice i got the tire pressure sensor issue the first time around... you have to keep in mind if the process is not complete within 5min it will fail to complete the final wheel resulting in the sensor error

· Registered
341 Posts
How did we ever survive the last 90 years without TPMS???? FWIW, I don't think I've looked at my pressures on the DIC 3 times in the past year (although I still manually check tire pressure monthly).
What! We've had TPMS all that time... Tire Pressure Manual Servicing!

Reactions: Vetterin and obermd
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.