rlw_1224,So I just rotated the tires for the first time on my '12 LT. Once I was done i put the car in relearn mode and slowly let air out of the driver side front tire. Never heard the horn beep. The pressure got down to 20 psi! I over inflated the tire back to 41 and started the process again.... still no horn beep! I literally tried 5 times then said piss on it. Anyone else absolutely not been able to get this to work by slowly letting air out?
Here is the process step by step that you should follow. You are also able to find this information in your owner’s manual starting on page 10-54. If this still does not work, I would suggest that you contact your local dealership and have them look into this for you. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
The TPMS sensor matching process is:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
3. Use the MENU button to select the Vehicle Information menu in the Driver Information Center (DIC).
4. Use the thumbwheel to scroll to the Tire Pressure menu item screen.
5. Press the SET/CLR button to begin the sensor matching process. A message requesting acceptance of he process should display.
6. Press the SET/CLR button again to confirm the selection. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen.
7. Start with the driver side front tire.
8. Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor. A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
9. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8.
10. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8.
11. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8. The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched to the driver side rear tire, and the TPMS sensor matching process is no longer active. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message on the DIC display screen
12. Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF.
13. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label
~Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service