Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loved my Cruze but after 60k problematic miles I became frustrated and started car shopping again. In 60k miles I've had the transmission worked on twice (started slipping again a few weeks back to make a 3rd time), the PCV fail (dealer was blaming it on me,) Water pump fail, moldy smell that never went away (not to be confused with the coolant smell I would get occasionally,) passenger side air bag sensor fail, vent always blew out hot air when the system was completely off, had to get injectors replaced when I got the car to name a few things. After a few weeks of test driving numerous cars I finally found one that had everything I was looking for! Last Thursday I drove home my new Ruby Red 2015 Ecoboost Mustang (crazy since I've been a GM fan my whole life.) 0% financing plus 1k cash back (broke even on my Cruze trade) was too hard to pass up. Has projector headlights, fantastic performance, buttery smooth transmission shifts, handles better than any car I've ever owned before, tons of aftermarket options, rides better than my Cruze and it's loaded with tech out the door for a little over 25k. Was sad to see my Cruze go when I drove away but I think I got something much better hopefully it lasts me a while. I will say the people over at the various Mustang forums I've visited are not as cool as the community over here. The have lots of elitists and naysayers in regards to the Ecoboost.

WP_20150829_14_58_50_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've was thinking of doing the same thing, I test drove a stick, and for some reason I didn't like it. I liked the automatic better, but I decided to stay with my Cruze, for right now.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
I as well as you have been transfixed by the many advantages the ecoboost offers .. Do yourself a favor and do not get too involved with Modding off of the Bat .. Take your time and do the back ground research when purchasing the many mods from the ever expanding options that have availed themselves to the S550 platform ..

I have the Premium 201A + Nav and ShakerPro . I did have to get $2,000.00 worth of Aftermarket 20 inch wheels to set this build off and the list grows and grows .. so let it grow and get to know what direction you would like to undertake ...
2015+ Mustang Forum News Blog (S550 GT, GT350, GT500, I4, V6) – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site

Reactions: money_man and Merc6

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Nice!! Don't know why more people don't go this route when they upgrade.

·
10,713 Posts
Nice!! Don't know why more people don't go this route when they upgrade.
Not everyone is a Mustang fan. I'd need to drive both it and Maro before I fully pick a side vs going off of on paper numbers. The closest I would get to a Stang is the V8 in a Panther frame.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My insurance went up a whole $5!! I about fell out my chair when the agent told me that!

I was gonna say snow but you in FL so not really an issue. How much did insurance go up or does it even out from a 4cyl standpoint?

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Not everyone is a Mustang fan. I'd need to drive both it and Maro before I fully pick a side vs going off of on paper numbers. The closest I would get to a Stang is the V8 in a Panther frame.
Well, some people don't know they're a Mustang fan yet :)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Insurance would be dependent upon the cost of the final amount signed for . I put down $ 20.000.00 including the $ 10.000.00 for the trade in I pushed for on the cruzen .. this Race Red Mustang is $ 40.000.00 including the $ 2.000.00 for the wheels I ordered ..

I thought about the 50 but I prefered the ecoboost for the MPG city and Highway which is comporable to the LS cruzen I traded in ..
Considering the fact that Illinois still has a 55 MPH Toll and Highway speed limit in and around all residential areas which gives me 38 to 40 MPG ..city I am able to get 28 to 30 MPG when I get ahead of the econobox crowd that is happy driving from red light to red light .

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Nice!

Have to keep us posted on that Ecoboost. Seems I hear more bad than good, but that seems to be the way of the internet!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You'll always hear ppl bitch online.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice. I rented a '14 with the 5.0 and geezus, so that's what 400+ h.p. feels like. They do handle quite well and I bet with the lesser weight up front and independent rear suspension, yours is a blast. Does it have the optional performance package?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
The performance package is just to expensive for what you get ..although the Brembo brakes do pull down a premium price any where . And the bigger radiator is prized . People prefer doing their own suspensions for that lower and obviously better over all appearance value gained through a stanced platform ..

The 1 disadvantage with lowering springs is the factory Dampers loose about an inch of Dampening and will wear out sooner .

Viking has a better Damper , but at a healthy cost for that added stance ..
Sway bars are improved upon along with polyurethane subframe bushings end links and vertical links to go with adjustable toe links . And if you guys want to see a list that is endless look up the new Camaro 's endless appetite modifications ..

The drawbacks with a GT is stock there is a noticeable amount of wheel hop when standing on the throttle and this should and is being addressed by the many aftermarket Engineers and manufacturers .
The ecoboost has minimal wheel hop and less NVH .. also there seems to be a split about the PCV system with the ecoboost . Considering that it is equipped with a turbo and does draw oil from the clean side of the intake during WOT .

In conclusion the Aftermarket buisness is taking off around the Globe behind Ford and GM

·
Registered
414 Posts
The only car I wanted to buy aside from the Cruze Eco, was a 2014 Ford Fusion, with a 1,6l turbo engine. They later replaced the 1,6l with an 1.5l turbo.

I found aside from the 2011 Cruze Eco's horrible entertainment center (which Chevrolet refuses to upgrade, even at a charge), and it's horrible gear lag, the car also was underpowered (lugging at lower RPMs, eg: in 6th gear under 42MPH) with the AC on.
The AC (which also works horribly bad in weather above 93 degrees, which we have most part of the year, not being able to get the cabin under 83F), puts about as much strain on the engine, as riding with 3 adult passengers.

The Chevy Eco's light weight of around 3000LBS, would do well with a 100cc upgrade (to a 1,5liter). The 400LBS heavier 2014's Ford Fusion, with 1.6L ecoboost engine, pulls the car with AC just fine. The 1.5L has the same problems as the 1.4L Cruze, being underpowered when AC is on; all in the name of higher MPGs, or exhaust emissions.

In my reply to the original thread post, the car you have bought is not really an eco model. I bet you can't even get close to 30MPG avg on that car, while the Chevy Eco can easily do 34MPG (38MPG avg even with BP Premium fuel, or more).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts