Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local dealer is doing some 2012 buyout so they suckered me into going there of course "just to look". my '12 LS was almost over miles with lots of scratches (oops bad luck) & they offered to pay off my lease completely! i had 11 more months on it, so that worked out well for me. i would have had lots of wear & tear/mileage charges. anyways i purchased a 2014 sonic lt sedan in black granite... not my first choice, but it had all of the features missing from my base model cruze (I didn't even have the convenience package haha:dazed002:). due to financial reasons i really couldn't afford to buy a cruze outright. learned my lesson about leasing though & now i have bluetooth, mylink radio, remote start, cruise control (yes they really made a cruze without it bahaha!) & some other nonsense that I probably won't ever use. Someday I hope to have a cruze again, but ta ta for now :wave:. This is an awesome community! you guys have helped this car noob-ette more than you know :) i'm sure i'll still be back to lurk anyways take care!

ps: does anyone know of a good sonic forum? the ones i've found so far don't compare :tongue:

i just wanted to add that I really loved my cruze, even without all of the flashy features

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Congrats on the Sonic! Post some pictures. My Cruze is gone and I am sticking around. It is a great group here.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Think of your sonic as a faster cruze. The 1.4T is much peppier in a much lighter car like the sonic

Reactions: UlyssesSG

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Still the 1.8L or did you make the jump to the fearsome and mighty 1.4T? :D

Either way, best of luck with the new Sonic!

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's funny, when the Sonic first got released I tried to get one, but I could only find one here and there at the local dealerships (there are quite a few). When I found out the Cruze had the same 1.4T and was cheaper I just went and grabbed one, but I think they're both gorgeous vehicles. Even the sedan LTZ Sonic!

·
Registered
80 Posts
So in reality you downgraded if you crunch the numbers. Sure ya got more bells and whistles but a huffy with gt rims is still a entry level bike. But hey if ya prefer bells n whistles and ya feel like ya got a good deal, who cares.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,232 Posts
Think of your sonic as a faster cruze. The 1.4T is much peppier in a much lighter car like the sonic

Money_man's right on the money !!!

When I purchased my 2012 Cruze it was because it was the most handsome-looking car in its' segment, came equipped with a cockpit, interior and technology never-before-seen in its' class on these shores and, finally, because it was, well, practical. In short, the Cruze appealed to my brain.

However, the little Chevy that tugged at my heartstrings was a 2012 Inferno Orange Metallic Sonic sedan outfitted with a 1.4T motor made in Germany and a 6-speed M-32 transmission made in Austria. When I returned from an extended 15 to 20 mile solo test drive over hill-and-dale on the winding roads of rural Western Pennsylvania, I returned with a smile that stretched from ear to ear. That drive was the most fun I'd had in any car since my days, long ago, when an authentic Austin Mini Cooper S was my daily driver.

I guess what I'm saying is Cruze captured my brain, but Sonic won my heart.

Live long and prosper cornbreesha, and by all means enjoy your new Sonic. It's a great car and you chose well. :th_coolio:

Reactions: cornbreesha

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
My wife has a 12 Sonic hatchback in Victory Red. It is 1LT but in this situation has the 1.8 liter. She absolutely loves her car! I also love driving it from time to time. It is a nice change from driving my Cruze with a 6-speed manual. Her car has the 6-speed automatic and I can tell you it's quite fast.

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
10,712 Posts
Congrats on your trade, I was gonna post SOF but I bet thats the 1st place you been. You should be fine on that site so long as you don't type the word CRUZE in any post there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone :) I think I will stick around. some stuff still applies to sonics as well anyways. I chose the 1.8L LT automatic sedan in black granite. Maybe you consider it a "huffy" thatdude, but it is actually very peppy. Owning > leasing in my book! I definitely learned my lesson about leasing. so yes maybe I downgraded slightly, but I am very happy so far... still my first 24 hours. I was on the thruway today & was going 70 without even realizing it, it shifted so smooth. My cruze was quite jerky

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Alloy wheel Chevrolet
here is a low quality instagram picture lol. i will try to take better ones when we actually have some sun here in the land of 8 month winters & 2 months rain haha

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Looks really nice. If you put your thumb over the front, it looks just like the Cruze.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks really nice. If you put your thumb over the front, it looks just like the Cruze.
hahaha yeah it does kinda! front end is a little funky, but i guess the fog lights on here look better than the gray plastic non fog light things on my LS

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Very nice looking Sonic!

·
Registered
102 Posts
What's up with people trading them in? So far in the last month I've seen them traded in on a Toyota Corolla, Camaro, and now a sonic? A Sonic....

If Cruze's are as great as the members say, they wouldn't be traded in.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
What's up with people trading them in? So far in the last month I've seen them traded in on a Toyota Corolla, Camaro, and now a sonic? A Sonic....
The Cruze is a really good car, however I believe people have traded for various reasons, like a lease ending or in my case, my engine blew and I was not really wanting to keep a car with a completely rebuilt engine.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Money_man's right on the money !!!

When I purchased my 2012 Cruze it was because it was the most handsome-looking car in its' segment, came equipped with a cockpit, interior and technology never-before-seen in its' class on these shores and, finally, because it was, well, practical. In short, the Cruze appealed to my brain.

However, the little Chevy that tugged at my heartstrings was a 2012 Inferno Orange Metallic Sonic sedan outfitted with a 1.4T motor made in Germany and a 6-speed M-32 transmission made in Austria. When I returned from an extended 15 to 20 mile solo test drive over hill-and-dale on the winding roads of rural Western Pennsylvania, I returned with a smile that stretched from ear to ear. That drive was the most fun I'd had in any car since my days, long ago, when an authentic Austin Mini Cooper S was my daily driver.

I guess what I'm saying is Cruze captured my brain, but Sonic won my heart.

Live long and prosper cornbreesha, and by all means enjoy your new Sonic. It's a great car and you chose well. :th_coolio:
I totally know how you feel. I felt the same way when I took the cruze diesel home for a day and my wife and I were sold. When I felt that diesel pull me down the roads I was signing the next day. And I drove tons of different cruzes since the launch but the diesel did to me what the sonic did for u. Congrats on the new ride and like the commercials say. Find new roads. I got two roadtrips already planned in the next two months.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts