Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last week after waiting for gm to come out with the new cruze i just traded the cruze in for a 2106 chrysler 200. it has more inside room my arm doesn't fall off the passenger armrest. i don't have to listen to the loud noise of tires on the road that the dealer would not remedy. and that awful noise in the engine compartment when the engine is running that sounds like a diesel loading up. we both can use the center armrest. and there is waymore inside storage. my guess is the new cruze may have has some of those features but got tired of waiting. plus the wife get better mileage driving to work with the new car than she got it the cruze. don't get me wrong i did like the cruze but i like this car better. maybe in a few more years i may return to the cruze if they get better that the chrysler.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Not disputing your reasons to ditch the Cruze but Chryslers competition to it is the Dart.

The 200 (nice car btw) would compete against the Malibu and the ones just appearing in the showroom as I write this is more of a smaller Impala rather than a large Cruze.

I drove a 200 but can't get past that twist to shift business......wife has arthritis in the hands....she couldn't shift it without pain.
Had the 200 been built with a normal shifter I likely would've bought the V-6 awd version.....

Congrats on the new ride.

Rob

·
2,254 Posts
I liked the looks of the 200, plus that V6 is a monster. Is yours a V6?

Got any pictures? :)

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Kind of a GM guy, my son's father-in-law is a Ford guy, so he went Chrysler. Does have a good dealer, but had been in the shop many times so far in the past year. He is kind of concerned what will happen when his 36 months, is up. Just a bunch of things, electric seats quit working, stuff on the interior falling out, rear shocks went out, 270 bucks each, oil cooler broke, not to expensive, but not very easy to replace. Couple of other things, but only had it less than a year now.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
Pics or IT did not Happen ....but anyway Bob be cool stay cozy and ahh keep on 200 ing

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Did you know that GM and others contracts out this real complicated stuff. Cheaper, done at a flat quoted rate and not liable for any benefits, when the job is done, you are history as the contractor.

The bad thing about doing business this way, nobody there knows what the heck is going on, way too complicated for them, in particular, the dealers really don't know what is going on, and the people you have to deal with.

The people they really don't know whats going on are the persons that write the shop manuals, can't even copy a supplied circuit diagram correctly and don't have the technical knowledge to comprehend the principles of operation the contractor is obligated to supply. Kind of like the blind leading the blind.

But this is not the only problem that never existed before when everything was manufactured in house, outsourcing, with as many as 170 different vendors, all in China now, some are more honest than others.

Problems that were not problems before are problems now, plus our vehicles are way more complex. Have to say, buying a new vehicle is like buying a lottery ticket, are you feeling lucky?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would of got a Malibu before getting a 200 but thats just my own opinion even though Chrysler has changed their act by being owned by Fiat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts