Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Trailer hitch for my '13 Eco

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Robgrover 
#1 ·
Just ordered my hitch and wiring for my '13 Eco, Can't wait for it to show up so I can get it installed. Going to use it to pull my quad around town to do various plowing jobs, and take my sled across town to the trails too. Total weight will be around 1000lb and yes I've read lots of threads on the subject of towing with an eco. But I used to tow with my Ford Contour and my Buick Regal sometimes up to 1800lbs (Rzr 900xp and trailer), and have also pulled some cars/trucks home in an emergency. Just have to have common sense, take it easy, and watch the gauges. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have towed with an ECO.

#2 ·
1,000 lbs should be ok. Just pay attention to your braking and temperature gauge. Manual or automatic?

#4 ·
I intend to use my cruze eco to pull around a lawnmower and trailer. I have read a bunch of threads and don't see what all the fuss is about. I own a semi, and a 1 ton pick up and have hauled all over the country and know that a cruze will be fine. Also, in Europe they tow campers with hatchbacks....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.