Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I was rolling up to a four-way stop sign. The road was slightly wet and slippery, and there were four adults in the car. As I rolled up the car to my right had already stopped. I stopped, and waited several seconds for it to go. After a decidedly long wait time, I decided they didn't know how four-way stops worked, and started to go. Of course, they started go to at the same time, so I let off the pedal. At the same moment, they hit their brakes as well, so not yet having come to a complete stop from the first attempt to go, I decided to just step on it and go. As has happened several times recently, my diesel decided this was the moment to hesitate (call it turbo lag or just computer brain-fart, whatever you want to call it), so I continued pushing down further on the pedal. Once it finally did go, it pulled hard, spun the wheels slightly on the wet pavement, and I couldn't quite tell since I had the radio on, but it felt like there were two or three hard bangs as it slipped and finally took off.

Was this the tranny slipping, or did I maybe just imagine it when the tires slipped a bit?

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Sounded more like tires fighting for traction as the traction control kicked in.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
It's definitely the traction control, I'm a 24/7 lead foot and on wet pavement I get loud bang/thuds when taking off, and it's just the tires skipping, especially if I'm stopped right on the white painted stripe the tires will really slip.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Probably what is called "tromping" or something like that. I've had it happen in other cars under high torque/low traction conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
as others said not slipping. our traction is quite complex and it cuts in when needed but it does not help we dont have a LSD differential so rather then move forward it one wheel peels and the TCS lowers enough throttle so it caches grip and since its not moving with force it gets grip and kicks a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts