Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stuffed some aluminum in the bottom of the front transmission mount on a 2013 Cruze 1.4T. The front transmission mount will lift up under forward acceleration, opposite the direction the wheels spin, this is why I stuffed something in the gap to prevent this movement upward.

So far I have noted significantly less wheel hop or none launching hard from a stop. Before this, it would get horrible wheel hop, very very bad.

Downside* is NVH (vibration) goes way up at idle and noticeable while accelerating in any gear but not harsh.

*it depends on your car, I have 42lb injectors with the idle rpm at 725 rpm. With the A/C on, the car shook like crazy. I have since then turned the idle to 810 rpm and 910 rpm with A/C on, this greatly improved NVH at idle with my particular car.

Registered
I just tried something similar to this on my 6MT. Replaced all my mounts (gel pouches on 2 side mounts were mostly leaked, esp. on passenger side), except for the front mount, which I instead used an OTTP solid rubber mount (same as in this thread: SOLD! - Brand New. Never Used. OTTP Front Manual...).

Definitely a lot more buzzy/viby, especially through the steering column and dash gauges when engaging the clutch and taking off. I took a relative for a quick spin, and there comment was that it felt like a "racecar" 馃槅. I think it's too much for me (I grew too accustomed to the smooth/quiet ride), and am therefore looking to put a stock one back in, but it definitely makes the drivetrain feel more solid, and begs for some hard pulls.

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
I just tried something similar to this on my 6MT. Replaced all my mounts (gel pouches on 2 side mounts were mostly leaked, esp. on passenger side), except for the front mount, which I instead used an OTTP solid rubber mount (same as in this thread: SOLD! - Brand New. Never Used. OTTP Front Manual...).

Definitely a lot more buzzy/viby, especially through the steering column and dash gauges when engaging the clutch and taking off. I took a relative for a quick spin, and there comment was that it felt like a "racecar" 馃槅. I think it's too much for me (I grew too accustomed to the smooth/quiet ride), and am therefore looking to put a stock one back in, but it definitely makes the drivetrain feel more solid, and begs for some hard pulls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts