Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service tec notified me I had a transmission leak. Car just hit the 105k mark and has had water pump replaced at 70k with no other costly problems. Wondering if it could be coolant or trans as I has fluid on top of motor. Anyone else experienced this??

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,724 Posts
That's alot of oil/grim all over the transmission. Separate from the orange stuff. These engines can leak alot if you have a prior problem your unaware of. I would decrease everything. Do a cooling system pressure test to locate a coolant leak. Put oil dye in the transmission to find a transmission leak. Put oil dye in the engine oil to see if there is an engine oil leak.

Or you can pay someone to do all that for you.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,486 Posts
I think that is coolant not tranny...

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a coolant leak. Always remember that dexos1 used in these cars have a distinct orange/peach color to them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Considering where the leak is at, the plastic cooling hose "hub" on that side of the engine probably needs to be replaced.
A common source of trans leaks are the hoses to/from the radiator...

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,486 Posts
Considering where the leak is at, the plastic cooling hose "hub" on that side of the engine probably needs to be replaced.
A common source of trans leaks are the hoses to/from the radiator...
water outlet. 😉

·
Registered
12 Posts

It's probably this. As mentioned, coolant is orange in cruzes unless someone replaced it with the green stuff. Automatic transmission fluid is a light red color. The coolant line that I circled is a two-piece design that's pretty notorious for leaking . I'll warn ya, if it isn't leaking, it probably will when you pull that retainer clip and remove it. They make a new hose that eliminates that stupid two-piece design that you can find on Amazon

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,662 Posts
Did you degrease everything? Use a can of brake cleaner. I would have thought the turbo coolant line just based on the leak location. I would monitor it for awhile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts