Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Transmission Cooler Line Leaking

29372 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  jsusanka
Had my car on the lift to install my snow tires and noticed a small leak that appeared to be coming from the transaxle case.

Dropped it off at the Chevy dealer up the road, they called back with the diagnosis in the title.

Over $500 to repair, not covered under powertrain. :angry:

I declined for now since I don't even notice anything on the ground. I'm even more mad I have to pay the $65 for diagnosis now that it was not covered.

Anyone else had this issue with a diesel?

I'm at about 65k miles
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Hmm, I suppose I should check this on mine. I've never seen any transmission fluid on the ground, though. 145K miles.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I've decided to do no repairs on mine at this time and just keep an eye on it.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Well took my car to the dealer and they verified the crimps were seeping on the rubber lines of the transmission cooling lines. I just decided to have them replace them and hope it doesn't come back.. 250 for both lines installed out the door.

What is weird is that I brought some of my amsoil transmission fluid with me so they could top it off because I had the fluid changed at the dealer where I bought the car at around 35,000 or 20,000 miles ago with Amsoil.

Well replacing the lines they did not use any of my fluid as they said it was overfilled and they did not need to add any. I just found that out today since I called them back after looking at my fluid in the trunk. Could this possibly make it shift smoother and cleaner. I shift my man-umatic manually most of the time because I do a lot of city driving. I notice now after I turn the car off like to get gas or something and then start to go the 3 to 4 shift manually always had a little bump or thud to it but now that is gone (never thought too much about it just thought that is was normal or a characteristic). Could too much fluid cause that? I also wonder if overfilling could cause the crimps to seep on the cooling lines?
I would think that overfilling would cause higher internal pressers which could cause harsher shifts. I think the lines will seep regardless. "They all do that"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.