Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Transmission Cooler Line Leaking

29367 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  jsusanka
Had my car on the lift to install my snow tires and noticed a small leak that appeared to be coming from the transaxle case.

Dropped it off at the Chevy dealer up the road, they called back with the diagnosis in the title.

Over $500 to repair, not covered under powertrain. :angry:

I declined for now since I don't even notice anything on the ground. I'm even more mad I have to pay the $65 for diagnosis now that it was not covered.

Anyone else had this issue with a diesel?

I'm at about 65k miles
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,287 Posts
Yeah too bad we can't trust the own manufacturer's dealers to properly service a car. I have seen a few videos on how to check and fill it I figured they had some secret dealer manufacturer way of checking it without having to waste fluid.

I had the transmission fluid changed and flushed at around 35,000 miles at the dealer where I bought the car and they were glad to use my Amsoil transmission fluid I brought with me. I have never touched it so I guess they overfilled it if that is possible. It does seem to shift a little better and like I said when I stop the car for a little bit and restart and go while they car is warm the 3 to 4 clunk is gone when I am shifting manually. I chose a different dealer this time because they had a shuttle to my work and it is closer to my work.

I will probably get the fluid the changed around the 60,000 mile mark again since I have some more Amsoil transmission fluid I bought with a gift card I had from xmas. I am currently at 55,000 miles. I just have to get a few more quarts.

I may go somewhere different to have it done other than a GM dealer. I don't know.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.