Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed these out themselves? What special tools are needed? I know the lines connect to the radiator with some type of special connection, can a fuel line removal tool be used for these? How much fluid should I expect to lose during this process?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
are your lines leaking at the fittings themselves?

im guessing yes.

i would just buy new trans lines from parts store and use barbed fittings and proper hose clamps like those used for fuel lines

thats how ive replaced several vehicles trans lines, including class 8 dump trucks with allison transmissions

avoids the weak point- the fittings

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip boraz!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I assume the wetness on the bottom of my trans is the cooler lines. I am still under warranty but I think I am going to be looking for an alternate fix, as I want it fixed once for all.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,905 Posts
So I'm assuming they will manage to get out of replacing these under warranty?

Changed the trans fluid today, had the car up on a lift and it's dead clear the lines are leaking.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have a pair of OEM replacement lines I haven't got to replacing yet. I may pop the level plug and see where I'm at and add some as necessary until my work slows down this summer and I can take my time replacing the lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts