Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago I had my AT transmission rebuilt do to a broken wave plate Ever since the rebuild i knew something wasn't right it just shifted hard figured it needed to break in so a 1000miles later I have partially lost R Shifts as if it has a shift kit even in manual mode. So now when I take it back to the dealer Im going to push for a New trans not a rebuild since the first one didnt last very long since I plan to keep the cruze.

2011 cruze eco
96k miles
Has been stock since turbo replacement and trans

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that blows. You having to pay for all this too?
nope

Sneakerfix is still covered by the power train warranty. This sounds to me like the transmissions wasn't correctly rebuilt. Please keep us posted.
nope it wasn't done correctly took them less then 2 days to repair. And if they don't give me a new replacement ill make sure to keep it under warranty for two more years

Reactions: Merc6 and brian v

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey SneakerFix,

Very sorry for the disheartening experience with your Cruze, and her transmission. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with anything!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

anyway you can push for a new transmission other then a rebuild

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it in today and found out the TCM is bad. It wasn't the techs fault after all it was GMs fault because they refused the techs note to replace the TCM after the first failure

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is it just the Tcm now or did it also damage the transmission

Sent from the sexy electrician

The trans tech said it's the TCM since it won't update past 80%. But haven't heard any updates yet

Reactions: Merc6 and money_man
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.