Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow car nerds,

I'm sure this has been coverd, but I couldn't find the info.
I have a 2013 1.8 cruze
For a transmission fluid change, what's the recommended "style" of change.

Is it just a dump and fill once, or do you do several dump and fills over a few days?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, as much as I love changing fluids... in the past with traditional automatic transmissions only like 50% of the fluid could be change as the other 50% would be in the torque converter. You would do 3 changes over a week, in order to get all of the fluid out of the system. Each change would decrease the amount of old fluid in the system.

I was just wondering if the cvt's on the Cruze also require several fluid changes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All I can say is the owners manual calls for a tranny fluid change at 72-73,000 miles. I had my dealer do it at 68,000.
Did I need it? Well...afterwards I noticed no difference...the thing still worked fine....the charge card people continue to love me and I feel better.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I never understood why people would do the multiple change service over several days. It only takes a few minutes tops for all the fluid to cycle through the system . I drain, fill, run it for a few minutes, shift througu the ranges, drain, fill, repeat. I've got better sh!t to do than change my oil on 3 separate days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts