Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 1.4 Auto, how hard is it to change the transmission fluid? I would probably just do multiple drains and refills. I am on the fence of doing it myself or taking it to a shop.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Looks like it is going to the dealer....That is so dumb. They could have simplified all of that crap a $5 dip stick.
they succeeded in what they wanted

driving up service visits....the profit center of the dealer.

simple wooden drive up ramps and a code reader, and you can do this

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just drained it myself, mine drains exactly 4 quarts when cold. Add 4 new quarts in and drive it a few 100 to 1k miles, and drain again, then add back what you drain and so on. I've found this way to be very practical to me, and many others have done the same. Have done it this way twice already with no adverse affects. If you do this about every 35-45k miles or so should not have an issue. You are going to be keeping fresh fluid in the car. Some think you have to remove every little bit of old fluid, but I and many others have done it this way without any issues. Now, if your car had high mileage on it before its first fluid change, then I would recommend what the previous post states. Just wanted to let you know there are other methods that work just fine. I have checked mine like the previous post states, with the weep hole after changing it this way, and it is just fine. Think about it, if you replace what you drain, then the level stays the same. Some on here will disagree, but they are welcome to their opinions, just as I am. I just don't see the need to waste that much money going to the dealer for something you can do yourself. Your first post is exactly what I do, just saying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts