Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4L Turbo with just over 56,000 miles on it. I planned on doing a lot of routine maintenance on Tuesday (Oil/filter change, Air filter and Cabin Air filter, spark plugs). I'm pretty comfortable doing all that routine stuff but I was also considering changing the transmission fluid.

First of all, how often does that transmission fluid need to be changed? I have no way of knowing if its been done before so I was just planning on doing it.

I've watched several videos on how to do it and it seems fairly easy, but I don't want to screw it up. Draining the fluid seems pretty easy, and I know where to add the new fluid. The confusing part to me is how much to add. I know there is another plug on the side of the transmission that fluid comes out of when it's full. So after I drain all the fluid I should put the plug on the bottom back in and fill it until fluid comes out of the side. Once I comes out of the side I should put the side plug back in and run the car through all the gears, then fill it with fluid again until it comes out of the side. Does that sound right?

I've also read that the temperature of the fluid is important. How long does it take for transmission fluid to get up to the required temperature?

Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts