Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
auto i took the fill cap off the trans and the fluid i could see was still red so like i said i was just wondering

·
Administrator
15,723 Posts
Color is not an accurate indicator of the condition of any lubricant, transmission or otherwise.

GM Recommends 45,000 miles severe service (which is what 90% of people drive), and 90,000 miles normal service as a service interval.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What would be a reasonable price for the auto fluid change? My dealer is telling me the tranny flush is about $190 or the filter/fluid change is $169. Wow. Didn't know it was so high. 2012 Eco with 73k miles.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
What would be a reasonable price for the auto fluid change? My dealer is telling me the tranny flush is about $190 or the filter/fluid change is $169. Wow. Didn't know it was so high. 2012 Eco with 73k miles.
Get some prices from a independent trans shop.....that's crazy money.

Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got mine done. Paid 150 for 9 quarts after taxes and crap for redline oil, and then 100 at a lube shop for them to use their machine. I can say I'm a little surprised at the colour for being at 25,000 km/15,000 mile mark on a 2015 1.4L turbo. However a few people here have said that cranberry juice would do better than the stuff you get from the factory. I'm getting a trans gauge soon, see how hot she runs, and if too hot, I'm going to swap out the in rad cooler with another air cooler.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
I just got mine done. Paid 150 for 9 quarts after taxes and crap for redline oil, and then 100 at a lube shop for them to use their machine. I can say I'm a little surprised at the colour for being at 25,000 km/15,000 mile mark on a 2015 1.4L turbo. However a few people here have said that cranberry juice would do better than the stuff you get from the factory. I'm getting a trans gauge soon, see how hot she runs, and if too hot, I'm going to swap out the in rad cooler with another air cooler.
Was there a specific reason you changed your A/T fluid at the 15,000 mile mark and distrust the factory fluid?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Was there a specific reason you changed your A/T fluid at the 15,000 mile mark and distrust the factory fluid?
I was just digging through the forum, bored after i got the app to read the forum, and somewhere I found a bunch of users who had done the change at 15,000 miles with the factory fluid and said it was dark like mine was with no picture evidence, as well as smoother shifts going with amsoil or redline. The stuff that's in there is also supposedly a semi-synthetic, but redline and ams are both full synthetic. However now I can attest to the early trans fluid change from the factory fill, that it is indeed kinda crummy fluid it seems.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got to drive my car for the first time since doing the fluid change. It's NIGHT AND DAY difference, and the shifts feel more firm, and even once it warms up a bit, it doesn't loose it's shift ablility. I found that doing stop and go traffic, and then pushing her just a little bit, the shifts would become a bit sluggish or sloppy feeling.

·
Patience Of Job
559 Posts
After changing my transmission fluid at 64K ( I was behind on service ); so I was well over due. My car shifted even smoother then it did prior to the change even tho it did well before hand, you could tell a slight difference in it. You can tell just the simple fluid change can do a world of wonders :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Just the correct level after refilling is what bothers me.
When I changed my auto I just filled til fluid ran out of side hole with engine off then started engine and filled til fluid again dribbled out of side hole. Took for a easy 5 mile ride left running and removed side plug and ensured a dribble with trans housing level to the ground. This was at 50k and now at 77k with no known trans issues.

Reactions: joshuab
1 - 16 of 16 Posts