Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the automatic from a 2013 1.8L will work fine in a 2012 1.8L? Trying to find out . Mine is a 2CZW coded and the 2013 is a 3GZS coded. But from everything I can find its not saying it WONT work...????

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,462 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Both automatics?

From what I have read, as long as you stay away from 2011's you should be ok, but keep doing the research.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Anyone know if the automatic from a 2013 1.8L will work fine in a 2012 1.8L? Trying to find out . Mine is a 2CZW coded and the 2013 is a 3GZS coded. But from everything I can find its not saying it WONT work...????
I spent some time poking around on this earlier, but came up with very little. I couldn't verify the transmission codes. The 2 in 2CZW means 2012, and the 3 in 3GZS means 2013. Which doesn't really help much.

FWIW, my 2012 LS 1.8 came with the 6T40 while my 2013 LS 1.8 came with the 6T30. I have always assumed the 2012 had the 6T40 because the 6T30 wasn't ready for production yet, but that's not been confirmed. If that's the case on all 2012 and 2013 1.8 Cruzes, then you will be changing to a different transmission.

I tried to look up the CZ and GZ references, but got little useful info. I think I saw 6T40 come up once under CZ, but that's about it.

I can't tell you if this is a simple swap or if it has lots of gotchas. It could be plug-n-play, or it might need lots of new parts and multiple computer re-programs.

You might visit a transmission shop and try to discuss it with someone knowledgeable there. Of you might stop at a salvage yard that has a Hollander reference and see if there's some guidance there.

Wish I could be more help.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wish the junkyards weren't so crazy....havent found one less than a $1000. mine has no reverse so...trying to see if I can buy a wrecked one and swap hopefully end up spending less money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wish the junkyards weren't so crazy....havent found one less than a $1000. mine has no reverse so...trying to see if I can buy a wrecked one and swap hopefully end up spending less money.
I just lost reverse in my Cruise 2012 1.8 engine. Could you tell me what you did?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost drive & reverse in my 2012 Cruze too I swapped the transmission drive 1,2,3 is working but reverse isn’t and the shop is saying it might have to be flashed can anyone tell me what the problem might be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts