Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Transmission issue

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  brodie29a 
#1 ·
So I have a 2011 chevy cruze, I was driving down the road and a warning light came on saying "transmission hot idle engine" now its wont move when in gear, so i put it on jacks and put it in drive it will drive, but when I set it on the ground and put it in drive it just revs like its in neutral. Please HELP someone

#7 ·
For your sake, hope that it's not the transmission. What it could be is the driveshafts coming out of the transmission that connect to your wheels. Most likely if it won't wove the car, it is either getting restricted by the weight of the car itself, or there is an underlying issue in the transmission gears or clutch that it can't support the force it takes to move the car. My recommendation would be to get the car towed to a transmission shop to get it looked at. DO NOT try to make it drive more than you have to. All you will do is make the problems worse and possibly damage it beyond repair!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.