Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went for an Uber inspection and the inspector showed me that my transmission and coolant was leaking. It's a 2014 LT with 42000, certified used, but I bought it at a Honda dealership lol. Question is does GM still cover these failures or do I have to use my third party warranty. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
As far as I know GM warranties follow the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
So today I went for an Uber inspection and the inspector showed me that my transmission and coolant was leaking. It's a 2014 LT with 42000, certified used, but I bought it at a Honda dealership lol. Question is does GM still cover these failures or do I have to use my third party warranty. Thanks in advance.
Obermd is correct.

All of the warranties stay with the car, not the previous owner…..so, in your case, the base 3yr 36k warranty has expired by miles.
The 5yr 100k power train warranty as well as the corrosion coverage remain in effect as well as warranty extensions that have come about.

Say for example, the transmission torque converter seal is the primary source of leakage….that would fall under the zero deductible power train coverage.
While performing the repair, the mechanic sees a suspension strut is leaking as well….that repair would fall under the extended coverage (depending on plan selected) and if you chose to have it addressed you would be exposed only to the plan deductible.

The service would be handled by a Chevrolet dealer in this example.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts