Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am unsure of what this part or plug is called, but it seems I have a small leak from it. I pulled up a diagram online and still wasn't sure. Could this be a symptom of an overfill? Thx for any tips!

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Seems tough to replace, wonder if I could pull it out and swap new seals on it? I assume I have to drain before doing so.
You might try draining it by removing the sensor. That way, you'll only need to refill it with however much comes out there. But that might be too messy.

Not wanting to be cynical, but either way, you might find it much easier to get a new sensor with new seals rather than trying to match the old ones. Finding the right o-ring part numbers is often frustrating and fruitless.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might try draining by removing the sensor. That way, you'll only need to refill it with however much comes out there. But that might be too messy.

Not wanting to be cynical, but either way, you might find it much easier to get a new sensor with new seals rather than trying to match the old ones. Finding the right o-ring part numbers is often frustrating and fruitless.

Doug

Would you think instead of buying the new sensor though just use the new seals and move them to the old one? Seems replacing the sensor you have to take the cover off the front of the tranny and what not to unplug it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Seems replacing the sensor you have to take the cover off the front of the tranny and what not to unplug it.
In that case, yes, just swap them.
Re: Having to remove the cover: I guess this is what happens when you have a car designed in pieces in multiple sites around the world. SMH.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems the 2nd sensor may snap in from the inside? I guess I'll have to research a bit more, I dont want to break those tabs off pulling it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts