Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Transmission Question

796 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  beaurrr
I have a 2015 cruze LTZ R/S. It has 45,000 miles so i did a transmission fluid change. I used a set of ramps to drive on to perform the fluid change. I added 4 quarts of fluid drove it down the ramps and took out the seep hole screw. about 2 quarts of fluid poured out. Does anyone know why this would happen? I am thinking since it was on ramps when i changed the fluid that maybe all the fluid did not drain. my manual says about 4.2 quarts will drain. any help or insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Lee
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
You mention that you used ramps. But was the vehicle itself level?

This can be done on ramps, depending on the level of the surface you're starting from.

I used to lift the rear axle of my car onto axle stands to achieve this level. But now use a second set of smaller ramps on the rear tires, on my garage pad that is already sloped, to achieve level.

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,124 Posts

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,124 Posts
Okay. The car needs to be level and running when you remove the sight screw. Don't turn it off until the screw is back in.

Reactions: jblackburn

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for all your input. I warmed the engine and transmission up. With th car level I took the screw out and nothing was pouring out. It took 2 quarts before it started seeping out. That could have been bad. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.