Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2013 chevy cruze LT and i was wondering what it would take to swap the transmission from an automatic to a manual.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Money and time.
Trans modules. Power control modules. Wiring harness. Probably a few sensors. And some engineering and adapting. Etc.

You could probably buy a new car already equipped for the same price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Money and time.
Trans modules. Power control modules. Wiring harness. Probably a few sensors. And some engineering and adapting. Etc.

You could probably buy a new car already equipped for the same price.
So my thinking was since they make that model car with manual transmissions it would be a little easier. And i dont know if its true or not but i heard that the computer would automatically recognize the change.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
So my thinking was since they make that model car with manual transmissions it would be a little easier. And i dont know if its true or not but i heard that the computer would automatically recognize the change.
It might automatically recognize the change. But it won't change for the change. It needs to be reprogrammed.

Change is not easy in todays cars.

I wanted to put a 4 speed auto in my 74 f250.
3 speeds were simple mechanical. 4 speeds came with computer modules.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,796 Posts
As snowwy 66 says, unless you have infinite patience, plenty of money and expertise, mechanically, electrically and programming wise, oh and time, especially to let it sit while you hash it out, buy a manual and upgrade it to the trim package you want. Much easier.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You'd need the trans, clutch, flywheel, mounts, axles, intermediate shaft, clutch release system, shifter, shifter cables, console parts, clutch switch and wiring, reverse lamp wiring, ECM tune, BCM/BCM programming. Basically. It's doable, it's basically 95% bolt in, with the exception of the wiring mods, unless you choose to replace the harnesses, then it's 100 % bolt in. There's no fabrication required, just LOTS of parts, and some module tuning. It would be "easiest"(this is a relative term when discuss powertrain swaps) and cheapest to find a donor car in order to do the swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts