Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the freeway today I accelerated and noticed a slip under the acceleration. I let off and went back into gear, shifted through all the gears just fine. Once I got off the freeway I noticed when I accelerated a whine that got louder while I accelerated, no noise at idle. It sounded to me to come from the transmission. I have around 155K miles on my 2015 1.4l turbo cruze. Any suggestions where to look, what to check before I take it in to the dealer?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Have the fluid level checked. The trans fluid should have been changed long ago if it hasn't yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally changed the fluid around 25k miles ago. I cannot remember off the top of my head exactly what fluid I used but I bought it from the dealer. I will check this afternoon and refresh the fluid with new stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally changed the fluid around 25k miles ago. I cannot remember off the top of my head exactly what fluid I used but I bought it from the dealer. I will check this afternoon and refresh the fluid with new stuff.

My transmission was making same noise. My trans fluid was low due to trans coolant lines were rotted and leaking. Took it to a shop to determine this, they topped off my trans fluid and car has been fine since. This was happening at 80k miles

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
^Yep; unfortunately leaking trans cooler lines are very common on these cars and current GM products.

The fluid level should be checked on a level surface with the transmission hot and car idling in park. It should be filled til there is a thin, steady stream out the check port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts