Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
881 - 900 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tonight under heavy acceleration i noticed that my 2014 Cruze RS LTZ was making a whining noise towards the 5-6rpm range when merging on the highway. Its never made this sound and it seemed kind of laggy going through the gears. I havent driven the car much in the last 3 weeks but tonight it just seems different than i remember. I have the base tune from WOT should i contact them about a data log or is there a bigger underline problem lile thw tranny going out? Since ive had the tune the car has shifted really firm and accelerates very fast as if there is no in between on the rpm range. Another thing i noticed about a month ago was it shifting up and down between 4th and 5th under medium acceleration like try to pass a car. Like i said ever since i've had the tune there doesnt teally seem like theres a between its all or nothing. The car also seems to surge up and down when set on cruise at 60-70mph. If i increase up a mole or two ro down a mile or two ot goes away. The car has 19,000 miles and the tune has been on the car for around 4k miles.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
Tonight under heavy acceleration i noticed that my 2014 Cruze RS LTZ was making a whining noise towards the 5-6rpm range when merging on the highway. Its never made this sound and it seemed kind of laggy going through the gears. I havent driven the car much in the last 3 weeks but tonight it just seems different than i remember. I have the base tune from WOT should i contact them about a data log or is there a bigger underline problem lile thw tranny going out? Since ive had the tune the car has shifted really firm and accelerates very fast as if there is no in between on the rpm range. Another thing i noticed about a month ago was it shifting up and down between 4th and 5th under medium acceleration like try to pass a car. Like i said ever since i've had the tune there doesnt teally seem like theres a between its all or nothing. The car also seems to surge up and down when set on cruise at 60-70mph. If i increase up a mole or two ro down a mile or two ot goes away. The car has 19,000 miles and the tune has been on the car for around 4k miles.
Hello,

A whining noise is not something we can help diagnose with a log. Are you on the latest update with new DSVM? Eco or Stock? What mode does the speed issue happen in?

Open a ticket with answers to these questions and we will see how we can help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello,

A whining noise is not something we can help diagnose with a log. Are you on the latest update with new DSVM? Eco or Stock? What mode does the speed issue happen in?

Open a ticket with answers to these questions and we will see how we can help.

Im getting ready to add a BOV, down pipe, and CAI. I'll let you guys upgrade my tune and then do a data log to make sure everything is running ok.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #885 ·
Im getting ready to add a BOV, down pipe, and CAI. I'll let you guys upgrade my tune and then do a data log to make sure everything is running ok.
You are an owner of the Advantage calibration. This does not come with support for modifications. You would need to upgrade to Advantage+ in order to receive an upgrade for those parts. It also comes with one datalog.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #886 ·
So, we can't use a CC to place an order? The site keeps rejecting my perfectly good(zero balance) CC.I was hoping t try this out
Of course we accept credit cards! :)

If the site is not accepting the card then it usually has something to do with the card itself, the details you entered do not match the card issuer, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Of course we accept credit cards! :)

If the site is not accepting the card then it usually has something to do with the card itself, the details you entered do not match the card issuer, etc.
mmm, NO. All info entered perfectly. Your site still rejects me...and yes I have tried multiple times.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #888 ·
mmm, NO. All info entered perfectly. Your site still rejects me...and yes I have tried multiple times.
It seems yours is the only one failing. We have had many other purchases the last few days, all successful. Please contact us via support channels on the site if you have any more questions. The forums aren't the best place to come for support on this sort of thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
You are an owner of the Advantage calibration. This does not come with support for modifications. You would need to upgrade to Advantage+ in order to receive an upgrade for those parts. It also comes with one datalog.
It really does pay to contact someone and speak to them about upgrades and tune issues. I just checked my WOT-Tuning conversation log and found out that Michael had one of the engineers hook me up with a new tune for my car to accommodate my Forge BOV at no additional cost. Customer service like that is truly hard to beat and niw days hard to come by. I cant wait to get the rest of my upgrades in and installed. Stay tuned for a review of my new tune and video of the new BOV. Thanks Michael for all your help its much appreciated.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #890 ·
It really does pay to contact someone and speak to them about upgrades and tune issues. I just checked my WOT-Tuning conversation log and found out that Michael had one of the engineers hook me up with a new tune for my car to accommodate my Forge BOV at no additional cost. Customer service like that is truly hard to beat and niw days hard to come by. I cant wait to get the rest of my upgrades in and installed. Stay tuned for a review of my new tune and video of the new BOV. Thanks Michael for all your help its much appreciated.
Not a problem! Glad to help and be of service :)

Anyone else that needs anything, please don't hesitate to contact us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I gotta manual 14 and I'm itching for a tune on it. I have an injen cold air intake on it and not sure which one to order. Was ready to drop the money on the stock + since I have the cai, but there was an option that I don't know if I need or not. Do I need the option that the pic of the k&n intake comes up on or naw?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a friend who runs a shop and mentioned that it's possible that GM could do a software update on my car and mess up the Trifecta tune... is this a valid concern? If so, is Trifecta doing anything to "fix" any issues?

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 ·
I have a friend who runs a shop and mentioned that it's possible that GM could do a software update on my car and mess up the Trifecta tune... is this a valid concern? If so, is Trifecta doing anything to "fix" any issues?
If you go in for service, just flash back to stock before you go in. The TF cal is already completely up to date with GM newest programming. If you go in for service and they need to flash an update it's because you never had the update done via the dealer, however, your calibration is already using the latest.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Well, my tune is ready but now I'm waiting on my cable. One thing I didn't realize and it is my fault for not researching it better is that I need a laptop to accomplish this. I should have read up on this more now. So what I thought was a good price is now going to be more expensive since a laptop is going to have to be purchased. Live and learn.

I have had a tune done on my truck but it was with EFILive and I have an Autocal for that. I guess my head was thinking I could use the Autocal. Again, should have researched this more.

Now to find a nice inexpensive laptop. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, my tune is ready but now I'm waiting on my cable. One thing I didn't realize and it is my fault for not researching it better is that I need a laptop to accomplish this. I should have read up on this more now. So what I thought was a good price is now going to be more expensive since a laptop is going to have to be purchased. Live and learn.

I have had a tune done on my truck but it was with EFILive and I have an Autocal for that. I guess my head was thinking I could use the Autocal. Again, should have researched this more.

Now to find a nice inexpensive laptop. :)
If you come to Raleigh you're more than welcome to borrow my computer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you go in for service, just flash back to stock before you go in. The TF cal is already completely up to date with GM newest programming. If you go in for service and they need to flash an update it's because you never had the update done via the dealer, however, your calibration is already using the latest.
ok cool... Thanks! PS.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my tune!!!!! (advantage +) downpipe and intake are next!!

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #900 ·
881 - 900 of 938 Posts