Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

921 - 938 of 938 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey there WOT, Looking at getting the Trifecta advantage tune,
couple quick questions: with the driver selectable via cruise control? Does that negate my ability to use one tune (touring if I'm reading your website right) with cruise off?
And while through winter I run premium in Summer I usually run mid grade does that work w the tune?
And just curious what the hp/tq differences are between Eco, tour, and stock+ and there driving characteristics?

Thanks guys,
Glenn

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
Hey there WOT, Looking at getting the Trifecta advantage tune,
couple quick questions: with the driver selectable via cruise control? Does that negate my ability to use one tune (touring if I'm reading your website right) with cruise off?
And while through winter I run premium in Summer I usually run mid grade does that work w the tune?
And just curious what the hp/tq differences are between Eco, tour, and stock+ and there driving characteristics?

Thanks guys,
Glenn
All packages come with the standard features like the selectable modes, octane adaptive programming, transparency, etc. For the selectable modes: CC On = Stock and CC Off = Tuned performance. You can run 87-93 as you see fit and the engine will compensate automatically via the calibration octane adaptive code we created (only company to offer a feature like this), to keep things safe. You will see the highest gains and best performance on 93 octane however.

Stock/ECO power is 100% stock. No difference between the two. Tour adds +44WHP and +51Ft/Lbs TQ over stock: TRIFECTA - 2011+ Chevrolet Cruze - 1.4L Turbo Advantage

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds good, think I'll pick one up just after the new year once the Christmas bank pains have gone away.
If stock+ and Eco are both factory hp what's the difference between the two just different shifts and tolerances for the downshift to optimize fuel economy ?
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be tuned come the new year

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wodering what exactly are the the problems people are having with thier tunes? ... I put a Trifecta tune on my little 2014 cruze lt1 and have nothing but problems with my auto trans. shifting into the wrong gear at the wrong time ... However the tune kicks ass in manual mode.... and doese anyone know if the new tune will fix this problem???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Cruze 1LT and have had no trouble at all. Have had the tune in for over a month. Shifts are crisp and clean and horsepower gains are awesome!

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
I have a 2014 Cruze 1LT and have had no trouble at all. Have had the tune in for over a month. Shifts are crisp and clean and horsepower gains are awesome!
Thanks for the feedback! You are on the newest programming :)

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #928

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #930

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #932
All the main changes are explained in detail on the DSVMII press release page on the site. If you are lookin for specific parameters, etc, we don't go into that sort of detail. The page explains all the main changes that were made.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I have a 2011 Cruze LT all stock that I gave to my mom. I want to get her the tune but was wondering what this means. I did get the turbo replaced but not sure if it would applies to the following. So should I get the advantage or the elite just to be safe?

""NOTE: 2011 model year Cruzes with the 1.4L turbo engine have factory software limitations that slightly affect the way TRIFECTA's driver selectable vehicle modes (DSVM) feature works. "Full pedal" performance will be similar between all drive modes, however, part pedal vehicle response is dramatically different.""

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #934
So I have a 2011 Cruze LT all stock that I gave to my mom. I want to get her the tune but was wondering what this means. I did get the turbo replaced but not sure if it would applies to the following. So should I get the advantage or the elite just to be safe?

""NOTE: 2011 model year Cruzes with the 1.4L turbo engine have factory software limitations that slightly affect the way TRIFECTA's driver selectable vehicle modes (DSVM) feature works. "Full pedal" performance will be similar between all drive modes, however, part pedal vehicle response is dramatically different.""
This has to do with the way the throttle will feel in the two modes offered. The turbocharge replacement doesnt really have any bearing on your purchase decision. If the vehicle is 100% stock, then Advantage is the way to go :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
So after installing the tune, is there any precaution I have to take to make sure it is working properly? Like plug gaps?

·
Vendor
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #937
So after installing the tune, is there any precaution I have to take to make sure it is working properly? Like plug gaps?
Just your normal maintenance items, making sure they are all good to go: clean MAF, clean air filter, good plugs, stock, preferably gapped at .028. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
414 Posts

One of the main performance increases is to run closer to a stoic (gasoline/air) ratio.
Because the stock Cruze is tuned to be stoic at 'pedal to the metal', it won't affect performance as much as when the pedal is half or a quarter pressed; where the stock Cruze is running very lean for emission reasons.

Bypassing emissions (may be illegal in your state or country), by making the car run stoic, will allow you to have a fuel and power gain of about 5-10%, without doing anything else to the car.
This kind of 'mod' can be gotten from a bunch of fuel commanders or even OBD2 plugs in some occasions.

Personally, I don't care too much about instant power at low throttle.
It can make the car more jolty. Like, trying to depart a smooth start from a stop light, might be harder due to the car wanting to ram the car ahead in the @$$.

921 - 938 of 938 Posts