Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

TRIFECTA: +44 WHP and +51 ft-lbs on Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-2015 (Jan2015 Update)

271K views 937 replies 127 participants last post by  ProDigit 
#1 ·
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015+ TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: +44 WHP and +51 ft-lbs for your Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015 (January 2015 Update)

http://i61.tinypic.com/10yq9hl.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/14dg48x.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/16m9cht.jpg

Add +44 WHP horsepower and +51 ft-lbs torque to your Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T with a TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration (performance tune)!

http://i61.tinypic.com/28jyvxj.jpg

(This vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with a 1.4T engine and 6T40 automatic transmission (on 91 octane pump gas) with stock wheels/tires.)

Power is increased by +44 horsepower (WHP, measured at the wheels) and +51 ft-lbs of torque UNDER THE CURVE (Power that you can feel immediately)!

The TRIFECTA Advantage powertrain calibration (performance tune) is meant for stock vehicles and is fully developed, tested, and then validated for various environments such as cold/heat, elevation and variations in fuel quality. Through 100,000+ miles of qualification testing and validation on TRIFECTA's own development fleet, we do not compromise powertrain (engine and transmission) reliability by providing safe, reliable, and consistent performance for your MY2011-15 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T!

Fuel Economy improvements of up to 4 MPG!, vastly improved throttle response (through optimized engine timing and torque management, and more boost; power feels linear and immediately responsive!) and an industry leading transmission calibration (transmission performance tune) contribute to the best drivability on the market for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T.

The TRIFECTA powertrain calibrations are undetectable by dealership diagnostic tools and will not leave footprints or watermarks in your ECM. (All TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibrations (performance tunes and custom tunes) do not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history.) (Will match all CVN numbers, file hash/checksums, and file markers of the stock operating system and calibration file.)

Calibration files will include both the Powertrain Calibration file (performance tune) and the stock file so that you can restore the vehicle back to 100 percent stock at any time!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2aeugao.jpg

Tacoma, WA., January 18, 2014 – TRIFECTA presents: MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze TRIFECTA powertrain calibration with class leading performance (+44 WHP +51 ft-lbs peak) for all MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles starting at under $300 (January 2015 Pricing Update):

--The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration featuring class leading power delivery (+44 WHP +51 ft-lbs) for your Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015 (meant for stock vehicles) with pricing starting at $299 (Pricing as of January 2015) (includes a TRIFECTA flash loader)

For modified vehicles that require a powertrain calibration to support aftermarket hardware (custom tune), such as a cold air intake/downpipe/etc (supported 3rd party hardware only):

-- The TRIFECTA Advantage Plus (Advantage+) Powertrain Calibration with Diagnostic Datalogging and Aftermarket 3rd Party Hardware Support for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T now starts at $389 (Pricing as of January 2015) (includes a TRIFECTA flash loader)

For extensively modified vehicles that require individualized calibration development (custom tuning and ongoing custom tune revisions), such as an aftermarket turbo kit and/or aftermarket hardware requiring ongoing development (progressive or ongoing custom tuning and hardware diagnostics):

-- The TRIFECTA Elite Powertrain Recalibration with Individualization (Custom Profiling) for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T includes calibration individualization, remote diagnostics, and comprehensive aftermarket hardware software integration support. The TRIFECTA Elite Powertrain Recalibration with Individualization (Custom Profiling) for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T pricing starts at $589 (Pricing as of January 2015) (includes a TRIFECTA flash loader)

Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015 TRIFECTA Calibration January 2015 Featureset Update:

TRIFECTA: DSVM (Select-a-Tune MKII, Select-a-Tune MKI Optional!) is now available! (January 2015):

-- TRIFECTA iDSVM (Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode) (Select-a-Tune MKII); NEW! Dedicated ECO Mode: Toggle between Tour and ECO mode via the Cruise Control arm states (January 2015: Available on MY2012-MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles, MY2011 and MY2015 TBA, manual transmission vehicles TBA)
-- TRIFECTA ECO Mode: Up to 4 MPG improvement by dedicated TRIFECTA ECO mode prioritizing fuel economy in engine calibration profile and transmission shift strategy (January 2015: Available on MY2012-MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles, MY2011 and MY2015 TBA, manual transmission vehicles TBA)
-- TRIFECTA Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode (Select-a-Tune MKI): Toggle between Tour and Stock+ mode via the Cruise Control arm states (January 2015: Available on all MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T vehicles)

http://i61.tinypic.com/261ly4g.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/16gwgoz.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2cis8o.jpg

Features Carried over from the October 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015 TRIFECTA Calibration Featureset and Pricing Update:

The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration delivers more than 130 horsepower per liter and more than 140 ft-lbs per liter – powering a fuel efficient vehicle whose drivers are more inclined to use it while ensuring critical powertrain reliability (with specific power increases of +51 ft-lbs and +44 WHP peak to a completely stock MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T 6T40). Enhancements made to the Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T Ecotec engine software include:

-- All TRIFECTA Powertrain Recalibrations for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles corresponding with the TRIFECTA MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T October 2014 Update (General Update 2014.3) includes updated automatic transmission calibrations provides smoother shifting, improved shift times, and improved shifting logic vs previous calibration revisions; updated featuresets include rolling anti-lag and 300 percent faster shifts than stock.
-- Octane Adaptive construct enables multi-phased timing tables: Five distinct timing tables replace the OE GM implementation of high/low octane tables
-- Multi-dimensional Airflow Coefficient tables, adds air pressure bias and knock history overlay for enhanced accuracy in boost scenarios
-- Virtualized torque prediction coefficients recalculation model added
-- Airflow based commanded fuel ratio strategies added
-- Multi-stage knock sensor decay and recovery rate tables added
-- TRIFECTA ECP.MK2 (Hybrid Speed Density) support and constructs added

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: WOT-Tuning.com for more information
-The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-2015+ TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming (General Update increment: January 2015 General Update 2015.0) is available as a general update that supersedes and replaces any existing TRIFECTA calibrations issued previously for the MY2011-2015+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T vehicle types.
-The featureset improvements and GM bug fixes are in addition to the power increase and existing featureset already included in previous Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T TRIFECTA calibrations.
-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, RUS/CIS, MEC, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow

-

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-2015+ TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming (General Update Increment: January 2015 / General Update 2015.0) is available as a general update that supersedes and replaces any existing TRIFECTA calibrations issued previously for the MY2011-2015+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T vehicle types.

Thank you,

Andrew@TRIFECTA

#3 ·
#6 is a neat pic, but isn't it a bad thing when the turbo is glowing? Also what kind of warranty do you offer for damage to engine/components if a vehicle is under warranty and the dealership does find the tune? Yes I read the claim of it being undetectable but manufacturers do have many ways to detect power adding devices.

#22 ·
Trifecta is the only one that hides the tune at dealership level (if you select transparency mode). The calibrations are masked as normal files when you look at it and they will come in tell you it doesn't trip the counter. Now if you are racing in a manual and you decide you want to go from 5th gear to 4th gear and go 2nd on accident, they to the best of my knowledge tune does't mask the 7k rev counter.

No company is going to tell you they warranty a tune but they will step in and help you so long as you data log the car and send the file back to them so they can tailor the tune to your liking but up to a point. Pretty much tunes don't blow engines or turbos but they help them blow if the car was having mechanical failure prior to the tune. Reason you upload the tune and datalog as soon as you can so if something is wrong they can see it and alert you or change the values if it's minor.

#6 ·
Hopefully us with the manual transmissions won't have to wait too long :p

#11 · (Edited)
Dvan,

As I understand it one version of the just announced new Tune v2015.0 is RTG (Ready-To-Go) for manual transmission equipped 1.4T Cruzen and two others versions are in the works and will released when they've been fully developed, tested and certified. The tune available now for MT Cruzen is the TRIFECTA Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode (Select-a-Tune MKI).

Please see the Trifecta WOT-Tuning announcement quoted below.

Also, unless informed otherwise by Trifecta WOT-Tuning, I believe all manual transmission tuning files will be similar if not identical to the tunes developed for automatic transmission Cruzen except they will not include the 6T40 automatic transmission calibrations.

Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015 TRIFECTA Calibration January 2015 Featureset Update:

TRIFECTA: DSVM (Select-a-Tune MKII, Select-a-Tune MKI Optional!) is now available! (January 2015):

-- TRIFECTA iDSVM (Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode) (Select-a-Tune MKII); NEW! Dedicated ECO Mode: Toggle between Tour and ECO mode via the Cruise Control arm states (January 2015: Available on MY2012-MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles, MY2011 and MY2015 TBA, manual transmission vehicles TBA)

-- TRIFECTA ECO Mode: Up to 4 MPG improvement by dedicated TRIFECTA ECO mode prioritizing fuel economy in engine calibration profile and transmission shift strategy (January 2015: Available on MY2012-MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles, MY2011 and MY2015 TBA, manual transmission vehicles TBA)

-- TRIFECTA Interactive Driver Selectable Vehicle Mode (Select-a-Tune MKI): Toggle between Tour and Stock+ mode via the Cruise Control arm states (January 2015: Available on all MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T vehicles)

Hope this helps. Cheers!
- -
Ulysses

Reactions: Merc6
#14 ·
I don't speak for trifecta or anything but most tuning companies aren't going to give you a warranty for you're modified car could be wrong but I've never seen it.

This post has been deleted
#18 · (Edited)
So is this an upgrade?
Patman,

Sorry and surprised to hear you've become disenchanted with your 2012 Cruze ECO. Thought you'd be pleased to learn that Trifecta's taken all they've learned about tuning the 1.4L Cruze to date and re-engineered their product into precisely the package for which many in the Cruze community have been asking. IIRC, you were among that number. In any event my suggestion is to flash back to stock tune, log into your Trifecta WOT-Tuning and order up a copy of their January 2015 release tune (v2015.0 ) and, once uploaded to your WOT-Tuning account. download, install and give it a whirl. You've got nowt to lose and you just might be pleasantly surprised with the update.

FWIW, your ECM is not confused. It's nothing more than a piece of dumb hardware enabled by firmware and software. It's clueless and non-sentient, made usable by human programmers.

If after all is said and done you're still disenamoured of your Cruze, then sell or trade it and move on ... keeping in mind that 2012 was in most respects the best build year for Lordstown-built Cruzen. With a 2015 Cruze you'll get the new front countenance, but everything else is a wash.

Good luck my friend,
- -
Ulysses

#19 ·
I really hope this true and that select-a-tune is back. I will gladly take down my signature below if it is. I can't stand PAL. I'm hoping Trifecta saw a lot of members weren't happy with the new tunes.

#20 ·
It's true and apparently they did ... so log into your Trifecta WOT-Tuning account and order your all new tune. My order's in and I've been informed that their engineers will upload it to my account in the next few days. :)

Give it a try NCHEVYHEVN .. you've got nowt to lose and much to gain!
- -
Cheers, Ulysses

#29 ·
tm,
If you're not in a big hurry, wait for a discounted price group buy or for Trifecta WOT-Tuning to offer something similar to their Black Friday to Cyber Monday deal.
- -
Ulysses

#30 ·
so i got an updated PAL tune little over a week ago? or so. it really is better than the first two tries, but i think at this point that it is great that they will go back to select a tune. that really shows they will listen to their customers, and i love that they are continually updating, and hopefully perfecting, tuning for the cruze. that makes the price worth it all, just knowing that the product will evolve but have the option to go with what worked before, thats awesome. :goodjob:

im going to give my PAL a few more weeks, and see what i think then... it actually works for my commute the way they tuned it a week ago, the pedal feels much less crazy for the normal levels of acceleration, and more like a steady curve of power to the wot where its making performance boost. i would still love the option to go back and forth however, as i meant for the tune to only be on during track days or when i felt like weekend cruzing thru the mountains. i love the eco mpgs of the stock tune, but PAL just seems to burn more gas, even at 65 mph and cc on.

wonder what would make the mkii programming available for automatics but not manuals?

#37 ·
so for $298 I get a flash loader and ability to switch maps from the cruise control stalk? Kind of confused, 2012 6AT LTZ

#38 ·
Yes sir.

#39 ·
how are modes changed, is there a document with expected behavior?

#42 ·
Oh that's cool! I know they've been talking about doing a separate unit like most systems though.

As far as the mpg everyone complained about, I'm still standing by my winter gas claim. I don't have the tunr but right around the time people started complaining, my mileage dropped significantly too. Because winter gas seems to have hit everyone's cars and even my bike pretty hard this year.

#44 ·
I am excited and already put a request in. Because they are flooded with requests, WOT advised an engineer wont be getting back to me until the middle of next week. Which is fine. Though, I am wondering how this is all going to play out now since I am so use to the PAL system and it giving me POWER when I need it. I have no experience with select a tune. If I need my car to go fast can I achieve desired response in Eco mode? Or do I need to flip the button to unlock Turrbbboooo? Also, is throttle input going different in regards to sensitivity (which I didn't mind the increase sensitivity)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.