1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Jewellery Darkness Symbol Crescent

We're starting our Black Friday Sale early this year:
TRIFECTA: Black Friday 2021
If you or a loved one has been considering breathing some new life into their Cruze, then this is your opportunity, as it is the only sale we hold each year.
We look forward to hearing from you!

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
View attachment 294717

We're starting our Black Friday Sale early this year:
TRIFECTA: Black Friday 2021
If you or a loved one has been considering breathing some new life into their Cruze, then this is your opportunity, as it is the only sale we hold each year.
We look forward to hearing from you!
I’ve been considering one for my diesel. May be just the right time. Hate how unresponsive GM programmed the throttle.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,221 Posts
I’ve been considering one for my diesel. May be just the right time. Hate how unresponsive GM programmed the throttle.
Ours is still pretty numb off the line, unless you spool up the turbo against the brakes, but throttle response when you're moving is pretty noticeably better.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Ours is still pretty numb off the line, unless you spool up the turbo against the brakes, but throttle response when you're moving is pretty noticeably better.
That’s good and bad to hear. Like at a red light stand still WOT is absolutely piss poor. Like the throttle delay is horribly unsafe, god forbid granny in a caddy has a stroke coming to rear end me. I can’t move in time with such and lag. How’s the emissions side of life?

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
That’s good and bad to hear. Like at a red light stand still WOT is absolutely piss poor. Like the throttle delay is horribly unsafe, god forbid granny in a caddy has a stroke coming to rear end me. I can’t move in time with such and lag. How’s the emissions side of life?
I mean, I never really saw it as an issue before - if I have to go WOT off the line, I brake-torque the thing. Otherwise, just not going immediately to WOT of the line solves the problem. Tip in, then hop into heavier throttle.

No change to emissions from what I can tell, highway fuel economy seems to be better for us.

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
@TRIFECTA

Unrelated to the Cruze almost entirely, do you have a dyno comparison chart for the '18+ Regal GS (3.6L)? It does not appear to be shown on the page.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@TRIFECTA

Unrelated to the Cruze almost entirely, do you have a dyno comparison chart for the '18+ Regal GS (3.6L)? It does not appear to be shown on the page.
18+ Regal GS uses the LGX engine, and is AWD. While we don't have a dyno sheet available for that vehicle (its a rare car for sure!), I would compare it to our dyno for the Blazer:

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
18+ Regal GS uses the LGX engine, and is AWD. While we don't have a dyno sheet available for that vehicle (its a rare car for sure!), I would compare it to our dyno for the Blazer:

Thanks for the quick response! I like the area under the curve there. My brother has an '18 GS, and it definitely is something that you basically never see. I can't say I've ever seen another on the road, even despite being in the metro Detroit area.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the quick response! I like the area under the curve there. My brother has an '18 GS, and it definitely is something that you basically never see. I can't say I've ever seen another on the road, even despite being in the metro Detroit area.
Yup! Super rare. Yeah, we actually have an '18 Regal TourX ("Waggy"), and it is also quite a unicorn. It attracts a whole heck of a lot more attention when we're out and about than any of our other cars (Including the ATS-V). lol

Plus, we can stuff two kids with carseats AND the kids bikes in the trunk without breaking a sweat:

·
Premium Member
6,221 Posts
They're absolutely stunning vehicles - it's a shame everyone only wants a CUV anymore it seems.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

And even the hatch on the Sportbacks have tons of space!
Shipping box Packing materials Audio equipment Packaging and labeling Material property

Reactions: _GABO_

·
Registered
2013 1LT/RS
45 Posts
@TRIFECTA I'm bone stock for now, but have a 2013 1.4L turbo, maybe eyeing an intake (AEM/ZZP/Injen) in the next few months. Is there any benefit to buying an Elite tune over the Advantage tune for my setup?

If I buy an Advantage with Black Friday pricing do you offer any sort of upgrade discount to an Elite later?

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@TRIFECTA I'm bone stock for now, but have a 2013 1.4L turbo, maybe eyeing an intake (AEM/ZZP/Injen) in the next few months. Is there any benefit to buying an Elite tune over the Advantage tune for my setup?

If I buy an Advantage with Black Friday pricing do you offer any sort of upgrade discount to an Elite later?

Hey there!

Any intake compatible with the OE calibration is supported under the Advantage tier. K&N is compatible with no issues, when run with the insert in place. While the other brand of intakes are good, we have seen they tend to set codes eventually, thus requiring Elite tier to adjust the MAF skew.

As for upgrading from Advantage to Elite down the road, you only pay the difference in regular pricing.

·
Registered
2013 1LT/RS
45 Posts
Hey there!

Any intake compatible with the OE calibration is supported under the Advantage tier. K&N is compatible with no issues, when run with the insert in place. While the other brand of intakes are good, we have seen they tend to set codes eventually, thus requiring Elite tier to adjust the MAF skew.

As for upgrading from Advantage to Elite down the road, you only pay the difference in regular pricing.
Cool! Thanks so much for the insightful reply!

Reactions: TRIFECTA
1 - 13 of 13 Posts