Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
This statement...

WOT-Tuning said:
In STOCK mode, the vehicle behaves just like it did from the factory, under all driving conditions!
Seems at odds with this statement...

WOT-Tuning said:
However, the ECO programming code has been worked into the Stock side of things for low throttle and cruising operations.
That first quote seems like a strange selling point, my 2011 AT ran like crap from the factory before I got the tune :)
I assume you mean that in STOCK mode it makes stock power, with the other improvements still intact? Do you have a list of what goodies are still included in the STOCK mode?

It seems like everyone likes the update, so I'll be requesting mine and trying it out either way...

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This statement...

Seems at odds with this statement...

That first quote seems like a strange selling point, my 2011 AT ran like crap from the factory before I got the tune :)
I assume you mean that in STOCK mode it makes stock power, with the other improvements still intact? Do you have a list of what goodies are still included in the STOCK mode?

It seems like everyone likes the update, so I'll be requesting mine and trying it out either way...
True! Sorry for the confusion. Some of the old ECO parameters are baked into the Sport side of things should you decide to stay in Sport mode most of the time. Not Stock side. My mistake. So, if you are using low throttle inputs or cruising in sport mode, once some of the requisites are met, the ECO code will kick in to try and help with MPGs. It's still only going to be about 1-3 saved max though. Nothing crazy.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
But it would make more sense to bake those Eco parameters into the "stock" side, not the "sport" side.

Having driven around with the recent updates, while some things seem smoother, I'm about to do your suggestion and flash back to the old version. At least then I can have the Eco features I requested.

But I guess now I'm in a scenario where even if I wanted to re-tune/update/bolt on mods, I'll loose Eco, right?

Not trying to be sarcastic or negative, but to be honest. Who knows, maybe with your next update they will be back again.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah, honestly, stock needs to stay stock as that's how we advertise it. Having the stock side being just that, 100% stock, was almost the number 1 thing customers asked for so that's what we did. The stock programming is already pretty eco friendly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey ya'll. I just had a question about the Advantage+. I know you say it is for 100% bone stock cars, but I have a K&N panel filter. Not the SRI or CAI, just the K&N panel that drops into the stock air-box. Would this matter do you think? I'd rather just go back to the stock air filter instead of buying the Elite tune since I don't plan on doing any real modifications to the car.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey ya'll. I just had a question about the Advantage+. I know you say it is for 100% bone stock cars, but I have a K&N panel filter. Not the SRI or CAI, just the K&N panel that drops into the stock air-box. Would this matter do you think? I'd rather just go back to the stock air filter instead of buying the Elite tune since I don't plan on doing any real modifications to the car.
Nope! No issues with the drop in as it doesn't alter the air flowing over the MAF like an aftermarket intake pipe does. Advantage is just fine in this case. If you ever need a revision for mods later on you simply upgrade to Elite, by paying a small one-time upgrade fee, and you get unlimited support from then on :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope! No issues with the drop in as it doesn't alter the air flowing over the MAF like an aftermarket intake pipe does. Advantage is just fine in this case. If you ever need a revision for mods later on you simply upgrade to Elite, by paying a small one-time upgrade fee, and you get unlimited support from then on :)
Awesome, thanks for the answer. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like Trifecta is a cookie cutter tune right? There isn't any actually car specific 'tuning' going on?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the answer. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like Trifecta is a cookie cutter tune right? There isn't any actually car specific 'tuning' going on?
Yes in the sense that there is no individualization (beside the accommodations of mods). However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. It is easier to test and guarantee the reliability of one specific tune as opposed to individualizing or experimenting with the calibration parameters and relying on data logs being passed back and fourth hoping nothing breaks in between delays.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes in the sense that there is no individualization (beside the accommodations of mods). However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. It is easier to test and guarantee the reliability of one specific tune as opposed to individualizing or experimenting with the calibration parameters and relying on data logs being passed back and fourth hoping nothing breaks in between delays.
That's a good point I never considered. Thanks for your response Johnny.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I have been using the update for a couple weeks and it is certainly a very clean tune. The thing Im most impressed with is the shifting. It feels more intellegent. With that being said I feel like I lost some power. Is the 0-60 a little slower? When I press on the gas around 80% it doesnt have that power it did from the original tune. When I floor it around 80% it doesnt have that same bite. Wish I had the new shifting with the old tune. Any specs on the exact differences of the tunes power? Debating of flashing the stock tune (forcing full flash of course) ?.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do you have cruise control turned on or off?

So I have been using the update for a couple weeks and it is certainly a very clean tune. The thing Im most impressed with is the shifting. It feels more intellegent. With that being said I feel like I lost some power. Is the 0-60 a little slower? When I press on the gas around 80% it doesnt have that power it did from the original tune. When I floor it around 80% it doesnt have that same bite. Wish I had the new shifting with the old tune. Any specs on the exact differences of the tunes power? Debating of flashing the stock tune (forcing full flash of course) ?.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, my original tune the auto shift being moved to manual armed it. The new setup is the cruise control. Liked using the shift knob better, you had to do something that was out of the ordinary. I never used turn my cruise control switch off. Now I have to remember to turn it off for the extra get up and go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you have cruise control turned on or off?

I was thinking the same thing, my original tune the auto shift being moved to manual armed it. The new setup is the cruise control. Liked using the shift knob better, you had to do something that was out of the ordinary. I never used turn my cruise control switch off. Now I have to remember to turn it off for the extra get up and go.
I know how to use the select a tune. I keep cruise control off and solely drive in tour mode. I wasnt able to edit my original post. The new tune is very clean. The shifting is so smooth and intellegent. The mpg is slightly improved as well. Feels like the performance on the new update is slightly less power due to the balance created? I feel as if the original tune I flashed (trifecta tune from november, not stock) had a bit more power, especially 0-60. Any insight on that? Im going to flash the original tune I purchased and see how it feels. But anyone looking for a very clean tune the new update is very, very nice. I want raw power though :p

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I am trying to tune as we speak. I can not get the computer to connect to the car.. I have downloaded everything from trifecta for the update in the link the sent me but still will not connect. Can I use the old version of EZ Flash that I have used with everything before?? it was sent to me in Nov 2014 and is version 1.15.0.31

Also in the past my car would go right into service mode, has something changed?? before I would push and hold the button and it would ding at me and the dash would light up and say service mode. now only the cel comes on and will not connect to the computer. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm sorry if I missed it but what is the difference from select a tune 1.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Controlled by the cruise control maybe?? Idk, I took my catless dp off and needed an update, Guess v2 is the latest and greatest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
21 - 40 of 53 Posts