Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
So if installing a catless DP version 1 of the select a mode tune will not work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
please explain to me what "remote diagnostics" means. considering Trifecta, BNR, and a local guy with efi Live. local guy drives car adjusts shifting drives car tunes but is 200 miles away and charges 550

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
please explain to me what "remote diagnostics" means. considering Trifecta, BNR, and a local guy with efi Live. local guy drives car adjusts shifting drives car tunes but is 200 miles away and charges 550
Maybe meaning the data log feature that's offered?? You can plug your cable into the OBDII port and into your laptop it will record everything that's going on with your car between the time you hit start till you hit stop on your laptop. You then attach that file that automatically saves onto the computer in an email and send it to Trifecta. They will review and tweek anything that needs to be adjusted. Example I bought the Trifecta tune July 2013 in a group buy here on CruzeTalk, got my tune uploaded it took a data log and sent it in. I got the message back that everything looked good, however I didn't like the way my car would idle while sitting at a stoplight. For me it seems like the car is struggling to idle and felt like it might die at the factory setting of high 600's-low 700's. I sent them an email asking if they would adjust my idle to 850 rpm, got an email the next afternoon with an update attached in the email, downloaded the attachment to my laptop grabbed my cable went out to the car and in less than 10 min my car was idling at 850 rpm and has done so since. They also released an update and I didn't like the way it made the car shift (to hard for my liking) so i shot them a quick email asking them to back the stiffness of the shift down, on this one i believe i got the reply email with the changes i wanted later that afternoon, idk that was in Nov 2014 too long ago to remember time frames.. lol

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
On top of what is said above, the vendors here have the tunes show up as GM flashes at a dealership level. Local guy may not do that but most people don't flash back to stock as much as me to go in for service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if It shows up as a GM flash at a dealership level and the car hasn't been rto a dealership for service ?? is the any tangible mpg increase?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah, we found that interesting too! What does the aftermarket support look like for them if they are begging a company that works with GM exclusively to support their platform too? Also, we think it speaks volumes about TRIFECTA in general :)

As for the 'changes' over all peak power is still pretty much the same. It's just the delivery of the power and overall feeling that has changed a bit.
Please don't spend time on other brands unless it will have zero impact not he GM core business. :)

I understand why they would be begging. The 1.4L Turbo with Trifecta is faster then the Dart with the 2.4L.

I'm considering a 2017 Sonic RS Manual Hatchback with all the bells and whistles, maybe the 2017 Cruze Hatchback if it has a manual premiere. I don't want to be forced into an automatic again.

If I get the Sonic there are two things I will be ordering day 1. The Trifecta tune (I'd be ordering it for the Cruze too if I got it) and a shark fin like the one I got for my 2012 Cruze. After the tune in my 2012 Cruze I'm confident that Trifecta provides performance without exceeding the capabilities of the engine. I believe that they are merely tuning the engine to prefer performance over milage not performance over reliability. Then you get to have the cake and eat it too when you put it in stock mode and get the awesome milage the engine is capable of.

·
Registered
561 Posts
So I have been using the update for a couple weeks and it is certainly a very clean tune. The thing Im most impressed with is the shifting. It feels more intellegent. With that being said I feel like I lost some power. Is the 0-60 a little slower? When I press on the gas around 80% it doesnt have that power it did from the original tune. When I floor it around 80% it doesnt have that same bite. Wish I had the new shifting with the old tune. Any specs on the exact differences of the tunes power? Debating of flashing the stock tune (forcing full flash of course) ?.
Trifecta, what would happen if only the TCU was updated with the update and the ECU was left in the tune from 2015? Would that do what WGP1987 is wishing for? I ask because I too would be interested in more intelligent shifting but do not want to lose the throttle touchiness. I have gotten used to the sensitivity and making it less sensitive would at this point only feel numb to me.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We don't mix and match the strategies. When we develop changes we make sure it all 'meshes' as one to avoid any quirks. The touchy throttle was the number one thing the community complained about so that's what we addressed primarily. The slightly more linear feel of DSVMII is still light years better than stock. It just takes some slight readjustment of your throttle input habits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Please let me know if the above tune goes on sale, or is discounted in the near future from your current $298.00 cost my 2014 1.4 Cruze lt is bone stock. I tried to send a e-mail to your company ,but your web site would not allow me to send a message. I had seen some wide variety that some have paid on this forum for your product, I apologies in advance for my cheapness ,but my wife thinks this is an unnecessary expense. I may be in a better position to convince her if the price was lower, Thank-you ,Lazer.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Please let me know if the above tune goes on sale, or is discounted in the near future from your current $298.00 cost my 2014 1.4 Cruze lt is bone stock. I tried to send a e-mail to your company ,but your web site would not allow me to send a message. I had seen some wide variety that some have paid on this forum for your product, I apologies in advance for my cheapness ,but my wife thinks this is an unnecessary expense. I may be in a better position to convince her if the price was lower, Thank-you ,Lazer.
Thanks for the interest in TRIFECTA Performance calibration products. If there is a sale it would be posted on our Facebook page or her eon the forums.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for info , I will keep checking back from time to time.
I got the tune on sale. It's well worth it, even at full price. I run 87 and I still got decent power gains. On 91 or 93, I can break the front tires lose. Since I drive mostly highway miles, the power is useful when merging on or if I need to pass. Keep checking, I got my tune last Christmas.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts