Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! New to the forums. I have a 2015 lt rs 6 speed. Installed the k&n intake and the predator 2 ram air hood. I'm looking into the trifecta tune, and wonder what the difference is between a stock exhaust, or say straight piped/cat less on the advantage + tune. Is there a noticeable difference? I understand the dynamics of free flow and spool and what not, but is it a difference enough to spend the money on a daily? 20whp difference? I'm not 100% on these cars yet. Please enlighten me or feel free to comment!

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Good question.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
If you modified your exhaust to basically be open from the turbo to the muffler then yeah, Adv+ would be required and we would individualize your programming to take advantage of this for a decent gain over our 'calibration only' gains which are +44WHP and +51Ft/Lbs TQ.

Contact us at the address in our sig below for more info.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
If you modified your exhaust to basically be open from the turbo to the muffler then yeah, Adv+ would be required and we would individualize your programming to take advantage of this for a decent gain over our 'calibration only' gains which are +44WHP and +51Ft/Lbs TQ.

Contact us at the address in our sig below for more info.
Are there any ballpark numbers on the difference between a "stock" tune and the exhaust mods, with corresponding tune modification?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Explain this, while its legal to sell catalytic converter bypass kits, its illegal to install them, many shops were charged huge EPA fines by doing this. But this is your major exhaust obstruction, nothing is gained by going from the cat back so to speak.

Running your engine just a tad too rich can toast and plug these things up in a hurry.

In regards to improved performance with aftermarket exhaust systems, really don't have to get this from comic books, and prove it to yourself with one of these.

An exhaust back pressure test gauge, fitting replaces the O2 sensor, if that back pressure does not decrease, not only are you out around 800 bucks with a before and after test, you won't see any improvement in performance, but maybe some more noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts