1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trifecta - Floor it kicks Ck Eng & Stabiltrak lights

Hey friends - I noticed this issue the last few days. Here's the scoop:

2015 Cruze LTZ
Stock except for air box resonator delete, trifecta advantage and iridium spark plugs with .28 gap. Running Shell 93 premium gas. 31k miles. Trifecta mod installed around 24k miles.

Say I jump on the highway and flip the sport mode on (trifecta). Once I get to 3rd gear around 3-4.5k rpm the engine sputters and jerks and the dashboard lights up like xmas with issues (check engine and service Stabiltrak.

The weird thing is - try it all again multiple times in stock mode- no issues.

Changing the plugs is the newest change to the engine. Not sure if that is the issue.

I'll post a video shortly.

Thoughts?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull out error codes from ECU. Everything else is speculation. Let the tunners know about that asap.
Does the ecu keep a log? The lights only stay on for a min - not enough time to hit a auto store.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I know there were a few reports of plugs not all the way tightened and showed the those symptoms. Maybe a wire or plug not on right?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea check your plugs. I just don't get why it wouldn't do it in the stock tune and only in the sport tune? Maybe the sport is waking the car up unlike the stock tune?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does the ecu keep a log? The lights only stay on for a min - not enough time to hit a auto store.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, there are pending error codes that ECU keeps for some time. Those usually does not light CEL but they are still registered in ECU memory. Later on they eventually turn into DTC and CEL lights to warn you there is a fault that needs to be addressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts