·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://i60.tinypic.com/au73g8.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/25aogvt.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/u6byt.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2011-MY2015+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T engine and corresponding 6T40 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-MY2015+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield gains of +51 ft-lbs and +44 WHP peak to a completely stock Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T (MY2014 6T40 automatic transmission).

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Cruze MY2011-MY2015+ 1.4T ECM software reprogramming:

-Gains of +51 ft-lbs and +44 WHP peak (on 91 octane)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-Extended testing of 100,000 miles with 100 hrs of wide open throttle testing
-The TRIFECTA flash loader and Transparency featureset (MY2012+) does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2011-MY2015+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T 6T40 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T40 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

1.4T dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with a 1.4T engine and 6T40 automatic transmission) - stock wheels/tires:

http://i58.tinypic.com/4kacdv.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: [email protected] or visit WOT-tuning: WOT-Tuning.com for more information
-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, RUS/CIS, MEC, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow

-

Attachments

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional Notes:

http://i58.tinypic.com/1441tvr.jpg

The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-2015+ TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming (General Update increment: October 2014 General Update 2014.3) is available as a general update that supersedes and replaces any existing TRIFECTA calibrations issued previously for the MY2011-2015+ Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T vehicle types.

The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T TRIFECTA General Update increment: October 2014 is now available.

This announcement above documents the current calibration revision increment corresponding with the GM Mid August 2014 OS and calibration update.

The featureset improvements and GM bug fixes are in addition to the power increase and existing featureset already included in the previous Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T TRIFECTA calibration.

We provide updates when they become available and validated to our customers when they are ready. Please contact your TRIFECTA product line entity/place of purchase for more information.

With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and corresponding Transparency featureset (included in all Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011+ TRIFECTA flash loaders), we do not increment the write counter or increment entries in the flash history.

Return to stock functionality included with flash loader and both the TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration and the included return to stock reflash are matched to the OE GM CVN numbers, file hash, and file markers of the stock operating system and calibration file. While the TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration for the Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011+ will not increment the write counter or the reflash history entries in the E92 ECM, TRIFECTA does not condone warranty abuse or fraud of any kind. We champion a "pay to play" approach when it comes to GM's powertrain warranties. However with that said, at any time should you wish to return to stock with ANY of our powertrain products, the included flash loader device will return your car 100 percent to stock. ->TRIFECTA's "Transparency" featureset.

Thank you,

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Interesting your providing a hand held flashing device now? Are the dyno results stock on 87 octane? than the tuned run on 91 octane. The reason i ask is the stock run seems lower on hp than normal. Anyway nice presentation !

·
Registered
660 Posts
Say for instance if we used the 91 octane file for the tune, would running 93 octane result in better performance/higher numbers?

Also do you guys(Trifecta) have the crank numbers of this tune update?

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Interesting your providing a hand held flashing device now? Are the dyno results stock on 87 octane? than the tuned run on 91 octane. The reason i ask is the stock run seems lower on hp than normal. Anyway nice presentation !
Refer to the image. It answers your question.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
I do not see a handheld in any pictures.
I was referring to the octane numbers. They are posted in the dyno image. Pretty sure Trifecta still uses a cable and laptop but I'll let them clarify. "Flash loader device" is a bit vague.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
What about people with standard transmissions? Your press release only mentioned automatics.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I see both runs were with 91 octane. Still low numbers for a stocker on 91 octane.I would tend to think it was on 87. But as they say anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think Trifecta is just trying to show there tuning up to 2015s now.I would say its the same power level as a 2011 would be.And nothing wrong with that at all !!!!!!! Nice job ! I still would bet the fort a tweaked 93 octane tune puts out more power.These engines love octane and alcohol(E10) content. But both of the best 1.4T tuners have to calibrate there base tunes to 91 and that certainly makes sense !

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
108hp and 125lb-ft stock
153hp and 176lb-ft tuned

If you check our dyno master thread, you'll see a variation between stock runs of as high as 20hp depending on who did the run and where. The gains are not that far out there.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I think Trifecta is just trying to show there tuning up to 2015s now.I would say its the same power level as a 2011 would be.And nothing wrong with that at all !!!!!!! Nice job ! I still would bet the fort a tweaked 93 octane tune puts out more power.These engines love octane and alcohol(E10) content. But both of the best 1.4T tuners have to calibrate there base tunes to 91 and that certainly makes sense !
You can't find anything higher than 91 at higher elevations.

·
Registered
660 Posts
108hp and 125lb-ft stock
153hp and 176lb-ft tuned

If you check our dyno master thread, you'll see a variation between stock runs of as high as 20hp depending on who did the run and where. The gains are not that far out there.
I thought that baseline dyno run was a little low.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes some strong running stock 1.4Ts using 91 or 93 octane put out 130hp/140tq on the dyno.But you know i drive these cars every day and some just run much stronger than others.And a lot of the higher stock dyno numbers are cars running 93 octane.But i would say your average numbers for a good running car on 91 octane would be close to 120hp/135 on the dyno.Plus a manual car will make a little more hp and tq to.So there is a lot of factors there to think of.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What about people with standard transmissions? Your press release only mentioned automatics.
So what's the difference vs the previous version tune?
There was an OS and calibration update issued by GM in August 2014. The Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T MY2011-2015+ TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming (General Update increment: October 2014 General Update 2014.3) incorporates the GM bug fixes as well as additional/increased power when compared against the power increase and existing featureset already included in the previous Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T TRIFECTA calibration.

We've also incorporated updated TRIFECTA featuresets and OS improvements made available per our production validation standards, including:

-- TRIFECTA Octane Adaptive construct enables multi-phased timing tables: Five distinct timing tables replace the OE GM implementation of high/low octane tables
-- Multi-dimensional Airflow Coefficient tables, adds air pressure bias and knock history overlay for enhanced accuracy in boost scenarios
-- Virtualized torque prediction coefficients recalculation model added
-- Airflow based commanded fuel ratio strategies added
-- Multi-stage knock sensor decay and recovery rate tables added
-- TRIFECTA ECP.MK2 (Hybrid Speed Density) support and constructs added

Updated power profile and drivability improvements include:

-- (GM) GM Base Calibration updated to Mid August 2014 release.
-- (GM) GM OS updated to August 2014 release.
-- (GM) Improved closed loop transition state logic.
-- (TRIFECTA) Improved fuel economy under hill climb conditions.
-- (TRIFECTA) Improved low end torque.
-- (TRIFECTA) Octane adaptive featureset revision increment.
-- (TRIFECTA) Improved Power Delivery.
-- (TRIFECTA) Added 14,000 ft locale conditions to the TRIFECTA High Elevation testing conditions (previous was 12,500 ft.)
-- (TRIFECTA) Improved turbocharger response.
-- (TRIFECTA) Added Rolling Anti-Lag (Automatic Transmissions Only).
-- All TRIFECTA Powertrain Recalibrations for the MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T automatic transmission vehicles corresponding with the TRIFECTA MY2011-MY2015 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T October 2014 Update now includes updated automatic transmission calibrations providing smoother shifting, improved shift times, and improved shifting logic vs previous calibration revisions; updated featuresets include rolling anti-lag and 300 percent faster shifts than stock.

This update applies to both automatic transmission and manual transmission vehicles. Specific automatic transmission calibration and OS updates do not apply to manual transmission vehicles.

Thank you,

[email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a tune as part of the group buy not long ago. I have sent data logs and received one updated file that I loaded to the car. Do we need to contact Trifecta/BNR to get a new updated calibration to get these results?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Is there a price for this update?

Reactions: nybble

·
Registered
660 Posts
When will this be available to purchase?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts