Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here's my I'm dumb and need help post for the day. I flashed the tune to my Cruze on Sunday.

(I have a '13 LTZ A/T)

I thought you just moved the shifter over to M and it would show M instead of M1 and you'd be in sports mode? Mine still shows M1 when I flip it over.

Did some research on here and it looks as though on '13 A/Ts you're always in Sports/Performance mode unless you flip the Cruze control button on.... in which case you enter Eco.

So... if that's the case I have to be doing something wrong b/c there is no difference in performance at all.

Now, when I flip the Cruze control on, it does feel more putzy, so I can see where that's Eco, but performance? I'm definitely not noticing the differences everyone else seems to be. Any idea what's up?

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
443 Posts
easy way to test whether the tune worked or not is get up to around 60-70 mph and flip the cruise control switch on. should feel like it bogs down. also, try plugging your laptop in and open ez flash. find the option that says "reset tcm adaptives" or something of that nature. are you saying you don't feel a difference over stock? or just between the modes?

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Not sure if you want to invest in a OBDII Bluetooth adaptor, however that would send your smart phone (using the Torque App) info such as boost an a few other measurements from your cars ECU. If your tune is working you would see around 20+ PSI max of boost with performance mode. The untuned Cruze max boost is 14 to 16 psi. Regardless you should feel the car being more powerful and responsive.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard some people have to reset the sift points on their transmission. I'm not sure how to do this as mine took right off the bat.

What octane gas are you using in your Cruze?

When you are touring the cruise control should be off. The sport mode of the shifter is just for having a sort of manual experience just like in stock. It doesn't trigger which part of the tune the car is using.
Our options here are 93 with ethanol at BP or 91 with no ethanol at a local chain. So one of those two, usually the 93 as it's closer to me. 91 with 0 ethanol I have to drive out to boonies.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
easy way to test whether the tune worked or not is get up to around 60-70 mph and flip the cruise control switch on. should feel like it bogs down. also, try plugging your laptop in and open ez flash. find the option that says "reset tcm adaptives" or something of that nature. are you saying you don't feel a difference over stock? or just between the modes?
I feel a difference when I flip the cruise on -- it has no power -- but I've only really tested around town. I went out and did a couple 0-60 pulls on Sunday after I installed it, and didn't even realize the tune was installed b/c it felt completely normal. (Didn't try Eco at that time) the only thing I did notice was that from 40-60mph seemed slightly more responsive than normal, but taking off from a stop was very laggy.

So it seems like the Eco mode is working but performance mode feels about like normal stock to me.

I also emailed BNR yesterday b/c when I bought the tune I did not have an SRI. Now I do, and I've read that it can make a difference. But I haven't heard back.

I also feel like since installing the SRI my Cruze has been laggy, but I thought maybe that somehow was due to disconnecting neg battery cable. So maybe it's a combination of things. :/

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your gas is good enough that you should be seeing performance gains.

Did you load the ECM and TCM portions?
Yeah I followed the video and just selected for the transmission to load after the engine.

Oh, and they both seemed to load, b/c it went through the upload process twice.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
443 Posts
sri shouldn't make much of a difference at all. what kind of temps do you have where you live?

very weird, my car is a very different beast with the tune. Given I have and love the PAL tune due to its extreme aggressive behaviors, but my old select a tune was definitely noticeable. reset the tcm adaptives and that may help with lag off the line. other than that I cant think of any other solutions

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sri shouldn't make much of a difference at all. what kind of temps do you have where you live?

very weird, my car is a very different beast with the tune. Given I have and love the PAL tune due to its extreme aggressive behaviors, but my old select a tune was definitely noticeable. reset the tcm adaptives and that may help with lag off the line. other than that I cant think of any other solutions
Thanks for your help! I feel like the tune should be noticeably different, just going by everyone else's experience, so this can't be right.

I'll play around with it and see what happens, hopefully BNR will get back to me soon too. :)

Sent with iLove 6.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts