Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got my Trifecta Tune for my Cruze along with the Ez-Flash cable from the sale going on right now at BadNewsRacing. Cable came in today was very eager to flash, charged my laptop flashed my car everything seemed ok. Drove it at first, and was like I can kinda of feel it. Not really to impressed, then I forgot I had chosen Select-A-Tune (duh!!!!) I understood the concept but never really knew how it worked in our Cruze. So after fiddling with it I finally figured it out.

Basically for the A/T Cruze "if you have ever used the manual shift on it" it basically starts at M1 and you can shift all the way to M6 (I've used it before). So I wasn't getting how select a tune worked. Then I realized that now when I switched to manual mode it just had a M instead of M1. Drove it and all I can say is woooooow!!!!! Really happy and impressed, now when my family borrows my car they won't tear it up. Also you can still do manual if you just tap it when you switch to Manual it will go to M2 but you can tap down and switch back and it will be M1. Switch back to D and when you switch back M will be engaged again.

Just FYI to people who do Select-a-Tune. Also thanks to the people of Trifecta and [email protected] News Racing!!!

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Now you can update your sig... No longer a "future" mod ;) Glad you're enjoying... they sent me the wrong trans file so waiting on a replacement so I can enjoy my tune as well... hmmmm

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now you can update your sig... No longer a "future" mod ;) Glad you're enjoying... they sent me the wrong trans file so waiting on a replacement so I can enjoy my tune as well... hmmmm
How did you know they sent you the wrong Trans file if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Came up "NOT COMPATIBLE" clearly wrong file no? Engine tuned fine... but the trans (without its tune) cant handle all the extra... everything. PLUS no S-a-T without Trans tune so... doesn't really work yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So if I get this right:

D: It shifts as normal and is running under "stock" tune
M: It shifts on its own and is running under the tune
When flicked up to M2: You have control of the shifting and is under stock tune

Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Not from what they tell me... from what I was told the tune has Eco mode and Perf mode... Eco mode straightens out stock shifting a bit and gives smoother shifting a better mileage. Perf mode runs under tune and jumps power and tq. You can choose to do your own shifting but this will not disengage the tune. I dont have my tune fully installed yet so not voice of exp talking here.... someone correct if wrong plz :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if I get this right:

Is that correct?

That's correct unless Epickphale is right and its not stock when its in D and instead running the ECO tune.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
So if I get this right:

Is that correct?
From what I understand, any manual shifting in a automatic Cruze flashed with Trifecta's tune is done in the performance part of the tune.

Trifecta's tune replaces the stock settings. Even when it's in D, it's still running their "eco/normal" settings. You'll notice a difference even in their "eco/normal" mode.

Reactions: Epickphale

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Thats for clarification here. Again, I would be knowledgeable if my tune actually worked right now :O

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I am considering this tune and am looking for answers to some questions. First off Ill list my current mods which isnt much lol. K&N short ram *noticed a large improvement* and Flowmaster bolt-on cat-back dual exit, I wouldnt mind some other decent mod ideas for performance increase without hurting warranty or mpg.

Questions:

#1. Will this affect warranty?
#2. Will the powertrain actually handle it?
#3. What other mods should I do that are worth the time and $$$ that will best compliment this tune, or mods that are a must with this tune?
#4. Where can I have my car tuned, or is DIY just fine.

My Cruze is a 2014 1LT, 1.4L t/c, 93 octane, drive 80+ miles mostly Hwy. mostly looking to better balance power and economy *best mpg when cruise is set and better power and response when i need/want it*

Great site, lots of helpful information and ideas, would greatly appreciate some help with this. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all... I'm going to be getting the Trifecta Tuner but am also thinking about either a cold air intake (currently have a K&N drop in filter) and doing my exhaust... I know very little about performance upgrades so any advice would be appreciated. Are these 2 upgrades actually worth the money? should I do these upgrades before the tuner?

·
Vendor
548 Posts
Hi all... I'm going to be getting the Trifecta Tuner but am also thinking about either a cold air intake (currently have a K&N drop in filter) and doing my exhaust... I know very little about performance upgrades so any advice would be appreciated. Are these 2 upgrades actually worth the money? should I do these upgrades before the tuner?
Hello! These are the three packages we offer. The intake doesn't do too much other than add sound and quicken throttle response a tad. The exhaust, if its a CAT-back system, wont add much to performance either. THe tuning is what will give you all the performance gains whether its stock or has a few mods.

http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/store/category/78-14l-turbo/

Advantage = Meant for 100% stock vehicles. No updates or data logging support.
Advantage+ = Same as above, however we will individualize the calibration for any modifications already installed at the time of purchase. Updates for other modifications after purchase would come with an update fee. 1 diagnostic data log review.
Elite = Same as Advantage, however, we will individualize the calibration for parts already installed at the time of purchase and provide updates for modifications installed after the fact. Full diagnostic log review when needed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks very much for letting me know about your tuners. I've been investigating them for some time now but haven't pulled the trigger.. there's a guy in Ottawa that says he's an authorized Trifecta rep and does remote or in person tuning.. Are you aware of this person? He seems legit however I would like to get your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just installed my tune last night and man... what a difference! It's like an entire new car! Thanks to John in Ottawa and to Trifecta for making such an awesome product!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts